ACE Bumpers

Munky

Looked around didn't really find what I was looking for. Anyone running the ACE Engineering Bumpers? Pros / Cons ? I have the rock rails, and ideally would like to get the bumpers. Though I'm trying to keep my cost down.

AlecJ126

I have an Ace Engineering rear bumper and tire carrier and love it. It's a quality piece, made to order in the USA so it can take a couple months to get it but it was worth the wait. Super easy install, just requires 2 holes to be drilled out but they are already marked on the rear frame so you can't really screw that up. Everything lined up perfectly on the first try. The tire carrier is flawless and has never rattled or required tightening/adjustment after about 60k miles of driving and lots of offroad time. The powder coating is also pretty durable, I was initially worried about it wearing on the flat part where my dog jumps in and out everyday but it still looks brand new. It looks great too- I get compliments all the time.

IMAG0479.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
I love mine. It's heavy, but all 1/4" steel, no rattles, and fits right on. It also keeps your factory tow rating.

There's enough room in the bumper for the mopar 7 pin harness to fit in there. I keep the 4 pin connector on a magnetic wire clip tucked up inside and pull it down when needed. I also added a backup camera by drilling a 3/4" hole.

Here's another cool mod- I requested a custom lower spare tire holder that 1.5" dropped. It makes a big difference on seeing traffic behind you if you are running 35's. It would be no cost if you call them. They made mine after the fact and only charged me $60 with shipping and powder coating.

I don't like their front bumper, so I went with the Poison Spyder brawler.

If you get the lifetime LED's- take the time to take the end caps off and black RTV silicone them and reassemble. Also slather RTV where the wire goes into the housing. The lights get sprayed with road spray and my left one leaked, requiring me to pull the carrier and bumper to access.

Here's mine. I also have the 5 gallon jerry can holder and the high lift holder- you can only use one or the other. I usually run the high lift, but I'm doing a winter mountain ride next weekend and extra gas is a requirement, so I put the can holder back on.

E26D451C-64D1-47D5-9A18-24221323D276_zpsuy90mv3c.jpg

Here's the lowered tire holder:

IMG_3095_zpsdgz6ulx3.jpg

AlecJ126

+1 on that magnetic holder, works like a dream and fits up behind the bumper perfectly and never moves. And I'll have to get one of those lowered tire carriers, I had no idea they made those! That should make it a little easier to see my boat when backing down the ramp.

zimm

Caught the Bug
+1 on that magnetic holder, works like a dream and fits up behind the bumper perfectly and never moves. And I'll have to get one of those lowered tire carriers, I had no idea they made those! That should make it a little easier to see my boat when backing down the ramp.

They made it custom for me, but said they would offer it to other buyers if they ever called and asked. I can't remember how much lower it is, but you can see in the picture. They also added a little gusset triangle at the bottom. They were worried it would flex, but it doesn't. I've been running it for a year now with no issues.

Munky

Thanks for the info guys, the rear looks sweet. More than likely will get that in time, but I want a front bumper before the rear.

Tumbleweed

I have both the front and rear bumpers. They've been beaten on pretty hard and stood up to my abuses.
I especially like that they are local to me and I can stop by anytime to talk to them about ideas or concerns I have.

Desert Crawler

IMG_0606.JPG
I run their front bumper. Like having the light mounted in it, and get plenty of compliments. It did keep me from buying a zeon winch though as to run that particular winch you must run a spacer underneath it and that thing is big enough without having it sit higher. No other complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Munky

I run their front bumper. Like having the light mounted in it, and get plenty of compliments. It did keep me from buying a zeon winch though as to run that particular winch you must run a spacer underneath it and that thing is. If enough without having to sit higher. No other complaints.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I really like the bull bar one look, could you possible send me a pic from the driver seat? Then another one to show the angle of the stinger as for parking? I think I'm going to order the non pro series one with fogs and 10 inch LED.

Dusty

Great looking bumper, thanks for starting this thread, I've been real interested in the ACE line but have not seen on in person, so this helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

zx6r

I love my ace bumpers and rock rails. I have put them through some serious abuse on the rocks of central PA and they have held up great. I also like the fact that truck bed liner is a perfect match to touch up all your ace products with. Best time to buy the ace bumpers is during the black Friday sale they have every year. It's a great deal!

Top Bottom