IDEAS: Front Tyre Mud Guards

csv

IDEAS: Front Tyre Mud Flaps

Hey everyone, I am looking to find examples of how people have installed front tyre mud flaps?

In Australia, more specifically, the state, South Australia, all tyres must be covered if more than 30cm of tyre (measured vertically) is showing... Hope to see some pictures... I do not run the stock flares...

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

NATAS

Hey everyone, I am looking to find examples of how people have installed front tyre mud flaps?

In Australia, more specifically, the state, South Australia, all tyres must be covered if more than 30cm of tyre (measured vertically) is showing... Hope to see some pictures... I do not run the stock flares...

Cheers!!!
Gday mate,
Im in NSW and have never ran front flaps,rear ones hell yeah and ive never been pinched by the cops for not running front flaps. Maybe its a NSW thing but as you know every state is different. I have 4" Evo Kings on 37's and been on this set up for 3yrs or more and never been pulled over once. 20161208_092307.jpg 20161208_093158.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using WAYALIFE mobile app

csv

Gday mate,
Im in NSW and have never ran front flaps,rear ones hell yeah and ive never been pinched by the cops for not running front flaps. Maybe its a NSW thing but as you know every state is different. I have 4" Evo Kings on 37's and been on this set up for 3yrs or more and never been pulled over once. View attachment 236001 View attachment 236002

Hey mate, I'm getting my jeep engineered, and SA laws require all tyres to be covered if more than 30cm of the tyre is exposed when measured vertically :naw:

NATAS

Hey mate, I'm getting my jeep engineered, and SA laws require all tyres to be covered if more than 30cm of the tyre is exposed when measured vertically :naw:
Why not get a set of Teraflex plaps and put them on the front?
Im running the Teraflex rear flaps but the rubber has cracked along top so i went to bunnings and got some rubber and cut the rubber to size. Have a look at the rear pic of my jeep and see the rubber and Teraflex mount.

csv

Why not get a set of Teraflex plaps and put them on the front?
Im running the Teraflex rear flaps but the rubber has cracked along top so i went to bunnings and got some rubber and cut the rubber to size. Have a look at the rear pic of my jeep and see the rubber and Teraflex mount.

That looks like a viable option, however I also need to consider mounting location. I still have the plastic side steps and I have a feeling they will be in the way. If I mount the bracket further up the chassis, it angles in etc... So either I get rid of the plastic side steps or get a bracket fabricated that has a bend in it.

NATAS

You could mount it just infront of the side steps? But if you plan on wheeling you should get rid of the plastic side steps. Or mount a flap quick dissconnect just inside middle of the flair? Depends on what flair you run as well....

NATAS

And that Brute thread uses Teraflex front and back. He attaches the front flap the chassis. It might get you out of trouble but looks ugly as.

Top Bottom