Yet another programmer question

desertrunner

So it looks like I finally made a deal on a Rubi transfer case for my 12 sport 6 speed. I have done a bit of searching around but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. So I am looking into programmers for the new rubi T case calibration. I will also use it for new tires size and eventually gears but that's it, don't care about the performance tunes. I can't find any info if you have the 6 speed manual transmission which I do. The aev procal says it does transfer case programming but for the automatic transmission only and the super chips flashcal says it doesn't do transfer case programing. So for those with the 6 speed is there a different programmer that works for re calibrating the transfer case and manual transmission? Or is it that the computer won't go into limp mode with a new t case ratio and manual transmission? I like the screen on the flashcal but if I can't re program the t case ratio then it's useless or is there a new version of it that does the transfer case program now?

Sent from my SM-T810 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm not an expert, why would the jeep computer care what the low range ratio is? The only speed sensitive thing I'm aware of is the rubicon sway bar will hook back up above 18mph.

desertrunner

What type of programmer are you using make an brand ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Don't have one yet just asking which one to buy for the purpose of re programming transfer case low ratio with a manual transmission
I'm not an expert, why would the jeep computer care what the low range ratio is? The only speed sensitive thing I'm aware of is the rubicon sway bar will hook back up above 18mph.
Just from what I have read in order to keep the computer to going into limp mode you need to re program for the transfer case ratio. Idk if that's only an automatic transmission thing or also a manual transmission thing. Idk why it happens I just read that it does when you go into 4lo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

love2wheel

From my understanding of the system, it would only be for the auto. An automatic is completely monitored by the computer. When shifting into low gear the computer and transmission can respond accordingly. There isn't anything monitoring the six speed. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

From my understanding of the system, it would only be for the auto. An automatic is completely monitored by the computer. When shifting into low gear the computer and transmission can respond accordingly. There isn't anything monitoring the six speed. But I could be wrong.

Hummmmm I kinda hope this is true it would save me some $ for now not having to buy a programmer.
It would make sense that the auto would need sensing for the shifting but obviously with the manual it wouldn't

Wonder if the same holds true for the gear ratio too when I re gear if the auto needs to be re programmed and not the manual.

Obviously speedo will be off and stay wrong without a programer

love2wheel

I think either way they both would need it for the speedometer. As for the auto, not sure. Obviously anything we do to the drive train that is changing the speed at which it turns and was programmed to, will have negative effects. Which upsets the ever so sensitive automatic.

Rottenbelly

Hummmmm I kinda hope this is true it would save me some $ for now not having to buy a programmer.
It would make sense that the auto would need sensing for the shifting but obviously with the manual it wouldn't

Wonder if the same holds true for the gear ratio too when I re gear if the auto needs to be re programmed and not the manual.

Obviously speedo will be off and stay wrong without a programer

I run 5:13's in my 15 manual and I didn't program it for gears. Only did the tire size for speedo. Gear programming doesn't affect the speedo.
Auto will need it,

desertrunner

OK cool so sounds like I won't need it for the t case swap with the manual transmission, it's not my daily driver so worst case I put the new one in and if for some reason it goes to limp mode In 4lo I go buy a programmer later

Top Bottom