recommendations for lights

wanderer

I need recommendations for lights. Both for new headlights or bulbs the least expensive but reliable the better. I don't want to spend some godly amount on new headlights led or otherwise. But I want reliable.
second I would like to put on some offered lights . but I want to go low key none of the so 5o inch light bars. just some simple cubes that can either mount to the bumper or the windshield frame. But do they make a lot of extra wind noise? I don't want that my tires are starting to be come loud for my taste. And I don't want to spend more than 100 on the light cubes. if I cant get some decent ones for less than 100 I won't get a them now. so what are your thoughts? any writeups for an install?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Auxbeam's are inexpensive. I have three sets and have been happy with them. You can find them at Amazon.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What napalm said. Tricklites are great headlights. I would look at rigid industries for spots, floods etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^^That. If money is an issue, just buy the headlights, first. The auxiliary lighting can come later, and if you haven't seen the difference a set of Trucklites makes, from the stock lights, you'll be amazed.

GraniteCrystal

The difference is absolutely unreal. Wish it was the first thing I did to my jeep, in all honesty.

Things like this are always curious to me. I plan on swapping out to JW Speakers or TL in the future too, but seems like there's quite a few that list headlights as their favorite upgrade. Always think headlights? Really headlights over a lift kit as your favorite upgrade? We'll see. Maybe I'll be saying the same thing once I upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

Things like this are always curious to me. I plan on swapping out to JW Speakers or TL in the future too, but seems like there's quite a few that list headlights as their favorite upgrade. Always think headlights? Really headlights over a lift kit as your favorite upgrade? We'll see. Maybe I'll be saying the same thing once I upgrade.

Well, after buying tires and other stuff on the 2 door first, then switching to Trucklites, the first thing I put on the JKU, was LED headlights,

Ya know. I did so many things before I did truck lites...lift, bigger tires, steering, etc...and then did lights after all that. Reason I would have done the lights first is that visibility is literally 100% better, and it was on the less expensive side of mods and took about 15 mins to swap out lol

notnalc68

Ya know. I did so many things before I did truck lites...lift, bigger tires, steering, etc...and then did lights after all that. Reason I would have done the lights first is that visibility is literally 100% better, and it was on the less expensive side of mods and took about 15 mins to swap out lol

Mike is right. It seems like a lot of money, for headlights, but the difference is like comparing a kerosene lantern to a Streamlight flashlight.

Mike is right. It seems like a lot of money, for headlights, but the difference is like comparing a kerosene lantern to a Streamlight flashlight.

Right. I mean, for the pure safety factor I wish I got them sooner. Driving on back roads or quick approaching exits at night with stock lights, to me at least, is hard to manage and scary at times.

Bigjimbo

Truck lites or JW Speaker. I went JW because no harness was needed.

Also, don't forget to get two adjustment screws to spread the beam out a little wider. They run $2-3 each

Mopar Part #:*55078114AA

Inspired engineering for both head lights and auxiliary lighting. Small shop with great customer service. If not them then I would go with the TLs for the price difference. I just don't see where the JW Speakers are any better despite the price increase.

wanderer

maybe a dumb question

But which model lite there seemed to be quite a lot of them and some weren't even truck lights.

Top Bottom