TeraFlex BBK - Install Questions - 6 Speed/Manual

the_ox

Good afternoon, I've researched this to death and haven't been able to find good answers. I've called TF and they didn't give me confidence.

I've got the TF BBK sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm confident that I've got everything figured out with the exception of the final stage with relation to the clutch.

I'm assuming that I have to cut a section of the barb off that's located in the same area as the MOPAR OEM MC. From there I reattach the hydraulic line that is currently there. Afterwards, I have to bleed the clutch? This is accomplished by pressing the clutch to the floor, open the bleeder, then closing it and pumping the clutch afterwards.

Can someone post a picture of the clutch bleeder?

Did this method work for someone else who has installed this kit on their own?

Everyone that seems to have this kit is in an automatic, which doesn't help me.

Thank you in advance!!

Ddays

Hooked
Welcome to WAL & don't take this the wrong way but can you still return that kit? I don't mean to be a dick but the Dynatrac kit requires an extension bracket to be installed for the existing calipers and replacing the rotors and that's it. No monkeying around with bleeding anything and it WORKS. See Eddies test of Rubicat on 40" Mud Grapplers on this site for the
evidence.

the_ox

Not sure what type of introduction you'd like. Life story? Bought my 2010 JK a year ago, been modding since then. Lift, bumpers, winch, stereo, lights, tire carrier, etc. Now I'm onto brakes followed by regear and flat fenders.

I'm really suprised that no one can point me in the right direction.......

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The reason you aren't getting any answers is that most of us don't trust TeraFlex. Their shit has a long history of breaking. Your money, your Jeep, your choice...but you aren't likely to find someone active on here with experience installing those brakes.

WJCO

Meme King
I think you can schedule a UPS pickup so you don't have to waste as much of your own time returning it.

the_ox

The TF Master cylinder is actually a resourced Mopar MC from Europe which has a larger booster bore diameter. It looks identical to the OEM MC with a barb on the right side for clutch/slave cylinder line.

The pads in the kit are sourced from the same company that makes 1500 Ram pads.

I joined up after reading the wonderful DIY posts for various things assuming that I would get some valuable opinions or advice on bleeding a slave cylinder. Instead, all I've gotten is return it, use a single piston system, etc.

After reading through some of the trending threada with inflammatory comments, maybe not the best place for me.

Happy Jeeping

Ddays

Hooked
The TF Master cylinder is actually a resourced Mopar MC from Europe which has a larger booster bore diameter. It looks identical to the OEM MC with a barb on the right side for clutch/slave cylinder line.

I joined up after reading the wonderful DIY posts for various things assuming that I would get some valuable opinions or advice on bleeding a slave cylinder. Instead, all I've gotten is return it, use a single piston system, etc.

After reading through some of the trending threada with inflammatory comments, maybe not the best place for me.

Happy Jeeping

:cheesy: Seriously? You solicited the advice man! After several people telling you that the Dynatrac kit is better based on EXPERIENCE and not just what we've read on the internet, you're gonna tuck tail & run? The advice we all gave you is real world, not marketing hype. Have fun ripping out perfectly good components off of your Jeep man. Half way through you may re-think what we've all told you.....good luck

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Happy Jeeping

Yea your gonna get responses like return it because there is zero need to replace the stock MC. Hell I just installed the dynatrac pro grips in a few short hours in my driveway and these things are so good that I bet I could lock my 35's up! This is with oem calipers and the oem master cylinder!

Lol well clearly if those threads where members lost their shit because they got called out for breaking the rules bothers you than you clearly have thin skin. That also means you wouldn't last on other sites either than cause they really rip into you just for saying hi. BONJOR!

WJCO

Meme King

Happy Jeeping

Sorry to hear about your condition. Please follow this link as we are really trying to work on a solution for this problem. It doesn't cost much, and you really could be contributing to a good cause.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...Up-a-Jeep-amp-Fight-this-Debilitating-Disease

the_ox

You guys make some good points. I guess if someone asked me to help them install a Smittybilt part, I would help rather than tell them to return it.

I'm a member of 2 other auto forums and generally speaking, moderators lock threads that are counter productive. Maybe Im just used to that.

As far as a new MC goes, I'm pushing 2 pistons in each front caliper instead of 1 like you are. Increasing flow will assist in stopping power.

Have a great day

Ddays

Hooked
Glad you posted back. No one was trying to give you bad advice here - we were trying to explain why we feel the Dynatrac is a better install. Remember this is your money but at the same time why replace parts that work perfectly fine?
Sometimes the simpler installation is the best and with the Dynatrac package we pretty much all feel that way. Good luck with your install either way. No one wants to see you fail.

WJCO

Meme King
You guys make some good points.

Yes, we do.

I guess if someone asked me to help them install a Smittybilt part, I would help rather than tell them to return it.

I'm actually going to try to help you. I took the time to look at the instructions on that BBK product. I see NO reason that you have to do anything with the master cylinder. It's not in the instructions that I found online, so why are you even concerned with it? Again, I would ship that shit back to China, but since you're set on installing it, please enlighten us as to why you even have to mess with the master cylinder at all.

I'm a member of 2 other auto forums and generally speaking, moderators lock threads that are counter productive. Maybe Im just used to that.

Sorry to hear that you're used to others infringing on your God-given right of speech and press. I wouldn't put up with that shit. Glad I'm not a part of those forums.

As far as a new MC goes, I'm pushing 2 pistons in each front caliper instead of 1 like you are. Increasing flow will assist in stopping power.

Flow isn't necessarily increased with dual pistons. There's a ton of science/mathematics in calculating stopping power in braking systems. You COULD have one large piston that could essentially provide the same surface area as two smaller pistons in how the pad contacts the rotor.

Have a great day

You too. And a happy new year.

JeepJeep75

You guys make some good points. I guess if someone asked me to help them install a Smittybilt part, I would help rather than tell them to return it.

Have a great day

Dude, the advice that you are getting is real, not sugar coated-marketing hype bullshit. If you want to put the TF kit on, go right ahead. There is a reason that people are telling you to return it. You don't need to change out and add unnecessary parts. I get it though, TF does make clever marketing YouTube videos. They are convincing as fuck! Good luck. [emoji106]

Top Bottom