Costco fixed my springs

The BAD Influence

I have been complaining about how stiff the Rubicon Express springs are on my Jeep since installing them. Everyone I've spoken to promise theirs are by far superior and will give me a much better ride. EVO, Teraflex, MetalCloak, JSPEC, Rock Krawler...Etc. Some also suggested I needed new shocks, and they'd sell them. One vendor told me my shocks were fine.
I've read every thread I can find on springs, IM'd members asking their opinion, based on what they were running.
After a recent visit to Costco my Jeep road completely different, actually comfortable.
I purchased enough food for 14 people for 10 days, including 6 bags of salt for the water softener. All jammed into the Jeep.
I realized what some members and one vendor told me. My springs are rated for Jeeps with heavy bumpers and armor. So I figured out I don't need new springs, I just need a bunch of awesome stuff on my Jeep to make it heavier.
Thanks Costco. And thanks all members who put up with my inexperience.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Lol. Might be cheaper to buy different shocks and better springs.

Those costco trips can be brutal, not to mention getting new armor and bumpers.

ChiliDawg

I have been complaining about how stiff the Rubicon Express springs are on my Jeep since installing them. Everyone I've spoken to promise theirs are by far superior and will give me a much better ride. EVO, Teraflex, MetalCloak, JSPEC, Rock Krawler...Etc. Some also suggested I needed new shocks, and they'd sell them. One vendor told me my shocks were fine.
I've read every thread I can find on springs, IM'd members asking their opinion, based on what they were running.
After a recent visit to Costco my Jeep road completely different, actually comfortable.
I purchased enough food for 14 people for 10 days, including 6 bags of salt for the water softener. All jammed into the Jeep.
I realized what some members and one vendor told me. My springs are rated for Jeeps with heavy bumpers and armor. So I figured out I don't need new springs, I just need a bunch of awesome stuff on my Jeep to make it heavier.
Thanks Costco. And thanks all members who put up with my inexperience.

Funny you posted this because I kind of felt the same way about my new RE lift kit, that it rode really stiff and I was hoping it would soften up. After adding a front bumper and winch though I really did feel a big difference in the ride. Much improved.

I just added a rear bumper and tire carrier though and unfortunately I think it's a bit too much weight, now it squats a bit too much. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Funny you posted this because I kind of felt the same way about my new RE lift kit, that it rode really stiff and I was hoping it would soften up. After adding a front bumper and winch though I really did feel a big difference in the ride. Much improved.

I just added a rear bumper and tire carrier though and unfortunately I think it's a bit too much weight, now it squats a bit too much. [emoji19]

Damn, got the front bumper and winch. Rear just bounces everywhere. Was planning on rear bumper and carrier next. Guess I better plan on a rear spacer.

ChiliDawg

Damn, got the front bumper and winch. Rear just bounces everywhere. Was planning on rear bumper and carrier next. Guess I better plan on a rear spacer.

Probably depends on your setup. I'm running the 2.5" coils, and the rear bumper/carrier I got is a HEAVY mofo. All 1/4" steel. I mean I'm sure it's not the only heavy ass bumper on the market but I'll bet it's among the heavyweights [emoji1]

Top Bottom