VA inspection question

tanmanjk

Not sure if this is the right place to put the question, but I bought a hardtop second hand and have an inspection due. I don't have the wiring harness,( e.g. No defrost or rear wiper). Would that cause me to fail an inspection even though a softop doesn't have a defrost?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I did not fail in 2014 for that same situation. The shop did fail me for my rear brake line rubbing my shock but not for the rear wiper and defroster not working.

Just had my inspection done the other week (VA) and it passed without me realizing I had not connected the rear defroster/wiper since the last time I took off the hardtop. You shouldn't have a problem

tanmanjk

Thanks guys. I'm going in the morning. Hopefully don't have to put the softop back on for just an inspection

OhNoTheJiggies

Per the textbook, I believe it would fail. But some places understand better than others that you could have just don't something like that, and let you slide. The last time I had an inspection done, they failed my car because my rear wiper was too "old and brittle". But prior to that, had a car pass with oem fogs not working and third brake light burnt out, they just said to get em fixed before I get a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tanmanjk

Well, my plan is that if the Jeep does fail then I'll put the soft top back on and go back up there.

Top Bottom