Looking for advise on restoring hardtop

Learo2000GT

Good Afternoon:

So I have an opertunity to buy a hardtop from a 2011 JKU but it is faded and has some scratches. Asking price is 300 which is a lot cheaper other used ones I have seen locally. I will be putting it on a 2013 JKUR. Anyways, it has some scratches and is faded a bit. I was wondering if there was any advise on restoring a hardtop so it is not faded and repair the scratches. My first thought was duplex Bed liner rattle can or another bed liner product but I am not sure how well that will clean up when it gets dirty. The rest of the top checks out regarding functioning and leaks. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. I should add that I would be restoring it in my garage and don't want to dump a ton of time into it being I would just buy a newer used one if it's going to be a lot of work. Maybe it just is a simple process to get it back to black and it doesn't need painting? Any process for removing fade without paining first. Thanks in advance. Doug 5766A6CB-AF53-46E7-9FDE-2874D189D914.JPG B4B30DAE-BABD-4507-A2CD-AE33DE768890.JPG D33726EE-E076-421B-B18E-7202CBDF49A7.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'd whoop up some body filler for the scratches and sand smooth. Wash the top real well and hit it with rustoleum satin black. I did my whole CJ hard top like that and it came out looking like new. You'll be out about $30 and a half a day's work. Mask off the windows really well.

Learo2000GT

I'd whoop up some body filler for the scratches and sand smooth. Wash the top real well and hit it with rustoleum satin black. I did my whole CJ hard top like that and it came out looking like new. You'll be out about $30 and a half a day's work. Mask off the windows really well.

Thanks for the info. I was hopping it would be somthing easy like that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom