PDA

View Full Version : This is a circle jerk of your own biases

propped1
12-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Hello all. New to the page but been around the hobby for a bit. Profile is filled out if you have questions.

What do you think about this:

I was thinking about locking the front, but don't know that I need to, and when a locker is installed and it isnt locked, its open. Been hearing more and more about the Detroit Trutrac. I have done a ton of research on this, and here are my options I've narrowed down to. What else should I consider?

Current setup - 35" Pitbull Rockers with 17" Slabs (120lbs, sticky). Stock D30. 2.5" RK. Not going taller or bigger tire for the foreseeable. If I did, I might get a MC 3.5 coil set but that would require a rear driveshaft.

Options:

Front 30
Cheapest - Keep my 30, truss (EVO), Detroit Trutrac 27 spline, 4.88, 27 spline chromoly axles (Carbon). New Timken bearings, new axle seals. Reuse Knuckles/Brakes.
Parts list is about $1800 before installation.

Front 44
What I'd like to do - Currie 44 bare housing with cover, 30 spline Detroit Trutrac, 30 Spline chromoly, 4.88, 30 Spline Chromoly (Carbon), bearing and seals, but would get new Synergy BJs.
Parts list is about $3500 before installation

Rear 44
Ox 30 spline mechanical with shift lever and cable, 30 spline Chromoly (Carbon), 4.88. I know I can get bigger axles, but would like to keep the factory as spares.
Parts list is about $1650 before install

Currie EJS build had a Detroit in the front. Everything I read sounds good. Anything I am missing? other concerns? It sound like a traction aid without the stresses of locking a turn axle. This scares me to be honest. If I did lock the front, I would definitely go with the 44 and also OX. Also mechanical.

Thanks!

notnalc68
12-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Don't lock a Dana 30. You'll be wasting money on an axle you will eventually break, if you wheel much. Put a selectable locker in the rear 44, like an ARB. OverlanderJK wheeled the hell out of that same setup. It's the yellow 2 door, you see in some of the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

propped1
12-28-2016, 10:37 PM
Glad you posted back. No one was trying to give you bad advice here - we were trying to explain why we feel the Dynatrac is a better install. Remember this is your money but at the same time why replace parts that work perfectly fine?
Sometimes the simpler installation is the best and with the Dynatrac package we pretty much all feel that way. Good luck with your install either way. No one wants to see you fail.

The Dynatrac while bigger rotor is not necessarily a better kit when factoring in the caliper add. As someone with the rotor kit from TF, it stops WAY better than stock. I dont have the Calipers. I do have the MC. I got the master after I put on the fronts (used briefly - cheap) so drove without it for a while for comparison. The only real difference the MC made was the pedal felt better. Stopped the same... I would agree that it is likely not needed with factory calipers. I just put on the rears. These kits are tangerines and oranges though. Other factors to consider:

If you get the TF rotors and shitty pads, it will not be optimal. The TF kit doesnt come with pads. Dynatrac comes with pads. Since the Dynatrac front is 0.2" larger, putting a good pad on the front while retaining the stock caliper (which Dynatrac doesnt give you the option for) would give you the exact same results most likely. Unless you are Kyle Busch or Lewis Hamilton.... Would be exactly the same. Add a 2 piston caliper, it will be better. No bullshit... just engineering.

Rears, I dont know how much extra feeling 14.2" gives over 13.5"... maybe a bit more control, but again, shitty pads with the TF and you are going to really notice it. Since the Dynatrac is $1000for 4 rotors, brackets, pads, and TF is 550 (Starting) for rotors, brackets, you have 450 to spend on HP pads. If you get really nice grippy $85 sets? I guarantee there is not much difference.

I have the slotted up front (not an option from Dynatrac), smooth in the rear. I have hawk LTS up front, and Wagner OEX in the back. I spent 150 less than the Dynatrac including the master and I bet our stopping distances all things equal are within a couple feet of each other. Mine might even be better. I love Dynatrac products too I am NOT saying their brake system is not well engineered either.... but to straight bash a brand product because your puck broke on your leveling kit this one time is not productive.

I know MANY people running this kit and not one of them have replaced or complained. I dont own nor ever owned any other TF products to comment. They make nice brakes though. I want to know where the extra Dynatrac price goes? The brackets are squared and not contoured to the hub... they arent as well thought out as they claim either. No product is perfect. Both kits will stop you faster than stock. Thats the whole point. One does it cheaper... Hate is strong for TF on this thread...

WJCO
12-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Dynatrac has some great pricing right now. I would call them and they will discuss everything with you over the phone.

MR.Ty
12-28-2016, 10:41 PM
The Dynatrac while bigger rotor is not necessarily a better kit when factoring in the caliper add. As someone with the rotor kit from TF, it stops WAY better than stock. I dont have the Calipers. I do have the MC. I got the master after I put on the fronts (used briefly - cheap) so drove without it for a while for comparison. The only real difference the MC made was the pedal felt better. Stopped the same... I would agree that it is likely not needed with factory calipers. I just put on the rears. These kits are tangerines and oranges though. Other factors to consider:

If you get the TF rotors and shitty pads, it will not be optimal. The TF kit doesnt come with pads. Dynatrac comes with pads. Since the Dynatrac front is 0.2" larger, putting a good pad on the front while retaining the stock caliper (which Dynatrac doesnt give you the option for) would give you the exact same results most likely. Unless you are Kyle Busch or Lewis Hamilton.... Would be exactly the same. Add a 2 piston caliper, it will be better. No bullshit... just engineering. This is like buying an AEV full kit v buying all the components yourself because you know exactly what you want.

Rears, I dont know how much extra feeling 14.2" gives over 13.5"... maybe a bit more control, but again, shitty pads with the TF and you are going to really notice it. Since the Dynatrac is $1000for 4 rotors, brackets, pads, and TF is 550 (Starting) for rotors, brackets, you have 450 to spend on HP pads. If you get really nice grippy $85 sets? I guarantee there is not much difference.

I have the slotted up front (not an option from Dynatrac), smooth in the rear. I have hawk LTS up front, and Wagner OEX in the back. I spent 150 less than the Dynatrac including the master and I bet our stopping distances all things equal are within a couple feet of each other. Mine might even be better. I love Dynatrac products too I am NOT saying their brake system is not well engineered either.... but to straight bash a brand product because your puck broke on your leveling kit this one time is not productive.

I know MANY people running this kit and not one of them have replaced or complained. I dont own nor ever owned any other TF products to comment. They make nice brakes though.

Lol. You must be an engineer. Welcome to WAL!

MR.Ty
12-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Hello all. New to the p and more about the Detroit Trutrac. I have done a ton of research on this, and here are my options I've narrowed down to. What else should I consider?

Currie SEMA build had a Detroit in the front. Everything I read sounds good. Anything I am missing? other concerns? It sound like a traction aid without the stresses of locking a turn axle. This scares me to be honest. If I did lock the front, I would definitely go with the 44 and also OX. Also mechanical.

Thanks!

Just because a vendor has a product in their show rig you want one? :thinking:

Do you also want a Fab Fours Grumper?

WJCO
12-28-2016, 10:47 PM

If you get the TF rotors and shitty pads, it will not be optimal. The TF kit doesnt come with pads. Dynatrac comes with pads. Since the Dynatrac front is 0.2" larger, putting a good pad on the front while retaining the stock caliper (which Dynatrac doesnt give you the option for) would give you the exact same results most likely. Unless you are Kyle Busch or Lewis Hamilton.... Would be exactly the same. Add a 2 piston caliper, it will be better. No bullshit... just engineering. This is like buying an AEV full kit v buying all the components yourself because you know exactly what you want.

I know MANY people running this kit and not one of them have replaced or complained. I dont own nor ever owned any other TF products to comment. They make nice brakes though. I want to know where the extra Dynatrac price goes? The brackets are squared and not contoured to the hub... they arent as well thought out as they claim either. No product is perfect. Both kits will stop you faster than stock. Thats the whole point.

Welcome to WAL. Cue Billy Madison "incoherent rambling" clip. Also, Dynatrac DOES allow you to retain your calipers, but hey it's much cooler to say you went to great lengths to open up the system with a cool new master cylinder. Please stop by our awareness booth and help us raise money for a good cause.

propped1
12-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Don't lock a Dana 30. You'll be wasting money on an axle you will eventually break, if you wheel much. Put a selectable locker in the rear 44, like an ARB. OverlanderJK wheeled the hell out of that same setup. It's the yellow 2 door, you see in some of the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Never said I wanted to lock a 30

Dynatrac has some great pricing right now. I would call them and they will discuss everything with you over the phone.

The Dynatrac bare housing is 2200. The Currie is 1600. Itd need to be a pretty awesome deal... Also just spent a bunch of money on the Jeep.... not in wallet emptying round 2 mode just yet. Just conceptual at this point.

Just because a vendor has a product in their show rig you want one? :thinking:

Do you also want a Fab Fours Grumper?

No... The Currie family races off road rigs. They race other things too. They wouldnt put something that was junk in. Just making a comment. You have insight or nah?

2nd.gunman
12-28-2016, 10:53 PM
I'll take a bigger rotor over more pistons any day of the week. Especially if we are talking the same size pads

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:02 PM
"Also, Dynatrac DOES allow you to retain your calipers, but hey it's much cooler ..."

I never said they didnt. Allow... or has no option whether you want to or not? Technically TF is the one that "allows" you to retain factory because they have an option to add a 2 piston if you so choose.... Choice. Dynatrac forces you to retain. No choice. Unless you are talking like Chinese government type "choice".

MR.Ty
12-28-2016, 11:06 PM
No... The Currie family races off road rigs. They race other things too. They wouldnt put something that was junk in. Just making a comment. You have insight or nah?

They brought 5 vehicles to SEMA, which ones of their rigs had the Detroit? Better yet did their "racing" rig have a Dana 30?

WJCO
12-28-2016, 11:09 PM
I never said they didnt. Allow... or has no option whether you want to or not? Technically TF is the one that "allows" you to retain factory because they have an option to add a 2 piston if you so choose.... Choice. Dynatrac forces you to retain. No choice. Unless you are talking like Chinese government type "choice".

Good to hear you're a happy Teraflex Chinese 2piston customer then. They sold you what you wanted for your Jeep because in the end, that's all that really matters anyways. Your Jeep, your money and time.

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:12 PM
They brought 5 vehicles to SEMA, which ones of their rigs had the Detroit? Better yet did their "racing" rig have a Dana 30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsz2KkA9ns

Sorry Easter Jeep. The one in this episode. Cant find Specs but John Currie says it has a Detroit.... actually doesnt specify now that I watch it again... could be a locker. And as for your 30 comment sounds like 70 rear and 60 front... So no. Again. You got insight into any of this, or just challenging/trolling?

Ddays
12-28-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry I can't read all that BS while I'm driving. Say what you want professor but the larger swept area of the dynatrac rotors with their pads WORK. No changing MC or calipers. No bleeding brakes. No bleeding MC. And it's made by a company that stands behind their products. Above & beyond actually.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
12-28-2016, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsz2KkA9ns

Sorry Easter Jeep. The one in this episode. Cant find Specs but John Currie says it has a Detroit.... actually doesnt specify now that I watch it again... could be a locker. And as for your 30 comment sounds like 70 rear and 60 front... So no. Again. You got insight into any of this, or just challenging/trolling?

So what do you need from us? Most guys here that run aftermarket axles, are likely running Dynatracs. With that being said, have you called Currie yet to discuss your build? You are involved in 2 threads so far and aren't interested in Dynatrac products, so again, what made you come here for advice? :thinking:

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:28 PM
So what do you need from us? Most guys here that run aftermarket axles, are likely running Dynatracs. With that being said, have you called Currie yet to discuss your build? You are involved in 2 threads so far and aren't interested in Dynatrac products, so again, what made you come here for advice? :thinking:

Read the post.

I wasnt anti Dynatrac in the other. You read into it because you like/own Dynatrac. Me too... dont own, but appreciate their products. Just a lot of hate for a competing product is all.... Is this site a subsidiary of Dynatrac? Should everyone be pro Dynatrac or nothing? I dont care what you run.... I was asking about the above products. you got insight or no? Its okay to not be an expert in something. If you dont know, you dont have to answer. If I cant talk about a product other than Dynatrac, then I'm not in a good place to receive unbiased feedback. I'll wait til I have a Dynatrac specific question?

Something I'm missing?

Mike_JK_Houston_711
12-28-2016, 11:34 PM
I wasnt anti Dynatrac in the other. You read into it because you like Dynatrac. Me too. Just a lot of hate for a competing product is all.... Is this site a subsidiary of Dynatrac? Should everyone be pro Dynatrac or nothing? I dont care what you run.... I was asking about the above products. you got insight or no? Its okay to not be an expert in something. If you dont know, you dont have to answer. If I cant talk about a product other than Dynatrac, then I'm not in a good place to receive unbiased feedback.

Something I'm missing?

I think what you'll find a lot of people say on here is that we love dynatrac's axles and prefer them over anybody else. Not because they're a sponsor on the site, or any of that shit. Simply because they build the best and strongest axles on the market, hands down. And now, as WJCO mentioned, they have EXTREMELY lowered pricing on their axle kits...it's unreal how low they've priced these gems. I have heard many stories of broken Currie axles, but never ran one...I can't tell you of a time I've heard of a dynatrac axle breaking...take that for what it's worth. So if it was my money, I would just save the extra $600 or whatever you worked it out to, and go with dynatrac. Matter of fact, I'm actually saving pennies for prorock 60's front and rear right now.

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Good to hear you're a happy Teraflex Chinese 2piston customer then. They sold you what you wanted for your Jeep because in the end, that's all that really matters anyways. Your Jeep, your money and time.

You didnt read anything did you? Read what I said. I. Dont. Own. The. Calipers. Cheese and Rice, man. I have the same calipers you get with the Dynatrac kit.

notnalc68
12-28-2016, 11:41 PM
Never said I wanted to lock a 30

Right there, in the middle

MR.Ty
12-28-2016, 11:43 PM

Just finished watching the video, and like you said, Mr. Currie just says "a Detroit" so tell me again why you picked a Trulock?

As far a being a "race rig".
No.... for the first time. :crazyeyes:

Insight? Nah I ain't got none of that but I'm still wondering why you picked a Trulock for your first choice. Looks like you don't really know either.

And speaking of how AWESOME Currie shit is.

Edit: Currie axles

https://youtu.be/HxTUz1j-weE
Watch from the 16:00 mark. That man is now running Dynatracs.

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Right there, in the middle

That Trutrac word..... If you dont know what it is, you dont have insight. Google it. Get back to me. Or dont. I already did that myself... Like I said its okay to not know. Im not judging.

notnalc68
12-28-2016, 11:51 PM
That Trutrac word..... If you dont know what it is, you dont have insight. Google it. Get back to me. Or dont. I already did that myself... Like I said its okay to not know. Im not judging.

So it transfers torque to the wheel not spinning, so what is it Einstein?

notnalc68
12-28-2016, 11:53 PM
And you did say you were thinking about locking the front, so you can eat a dick for all I care, troll.

propped1
12-28-2016, 11:57 PM
And you did say you were thinking about locking the front, so you can eat a dick for all I care, troll.

No I didnt. What you posted, if you knew what you were talking about, is what is called a limited slip. I thought this would be a great forum for advanced advice. I've been wrong before, but holy shit.

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 12:12 AM
I don't claim to know everything, and although not fully locking the front, you are still wasting money on a 30.

I may have taken a screenshot of the wrong part, but in the 3rd paragraph, you said it.

You came here with a really bad attitude. Why don't you leave?

sipafz
12-29-2016, 12:19 AM
No I didnt. What you posted, if you knew what you were talking about, is what is called a limited slip. I thought this would be a great forum for advanced advice. I've been wrong before, but holy shit.

It is a great forum for advice, but are you? Try starting with the new member wave and intro, participate and get to know a few people. Then maybe your opinions and questions will be better received. I predict that you won't be welcome much longer acting like this.

propped1
12-29-2016, 12:56 AM
It is a great forum for advice, but are you? Try starting with the new member wave and intro, participate and get to know a few people. Then maybe your opinions and questions will be better received. I predict that you won't be welcome much longer acting like this.

I am getting to know people just fine. So people are harder on somebody when they are new, even if they dont know what a limited slip is? So people want to try to change your mind about the parts being bought by the asker when it isnt their money and have no other retort than "everyone on this thread uses ________ (insert product here)". Its called groupthink... Google that too. I can tell this is a circle jerk of your own biases just in the couple hours Ive been here. There are clubs around me like this. I understand it. Disappointed, but understand it. Its way worse in person.

Sorry I put my question out there. Welcome, not welcome, dont care. Nothing I have said is bullshit. A lot of responses have been. If this is how it works, I was wrong.

MR.Ty
12-29-2016, 01:04 AM
I am getting to know people just fine. So people are harder on somebody when they are new, even if they dont know what a limited slip is? So people want to try to change your mind about the parts being bought by the asker when it isnt their money and have no other retort than "everyone on this thread uses ________ (insert product here)". Its called groupthink... Google that too. I can tell this is a circle jerk of your own biases just in the couple hours Ive been here. There are clubs around me like this. I understand it. Disappointed, but understand it. Its way worse in person.

Sorry I put my question out there. Welcome, not welcome, dont care. Nothing I have said is bullshit. A lot of responses have been. If this is how it works, I was wrong.

My mistake, you're a psychologist not an engineer. Either way, I don't recall every pushing you to buy anything. Rather I simply questioned why you chose the product in the first place.

And so it isn't missed, you're original reasoning was "a race team runs it" which turns out wasn't rooted property.

propped1
12-29-2016, 01:15 AM
My mistake, you're a psychologist not an engineer. Either way, I don't recall every pushing you to buy anything. Rather I simply questioned why you chose the product in the first place.

And so it isn't missed, you're original reasoning was "a race team runs it" which turns out wasn't rooted property.

No I said they put it in a build. They (family) ALSO build race cars. I did not say they put it in a race car. You said that. Then argued that point. Straw man bro. Make sure everyone sees your misdirect though.... that way you don't look stupid. I shouldn't have even mentioned it because Im not sure he was even talking about the appropriate front end - and admitted that too - but its the only thing you got to grasp on. Keep holding on my man.

Point is.... They would know. You sir, do not. Obviously. And what I said has a little to do with pychology, but mostly logic/reasoning and putting together valid arguments. Your case, a little reading comprehension would go a long way.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
12-29-2016, 01:19 AM

You're out of control man and getting all heated up over nothing. Reading through the thread, you got some good input already.

- don't waste time locking and building up your front dana 30
- ARB locker is a good choice
- currie axles aren't that solid of quality and don't have the best reputation. Dynatrac is really the way to go and worth saving your pennies for

You got all butthurt and defensive over nothing man. Maybe you're right, this probably isn't the best place for you if you NEED EVERYONE TO AGREE WITH YOU. Go get your curries.

srosario
12-29-2016, 01:28 AM
You didnt read anything did you? Read what I said. I. Dont. Own. The. Calipers. Cheese and Rice, man. I have the same calipers you get with the Dynatrac kit.

I like this guy,

MR.Ty
12-29-2016, 01:33 AM
No I said they put it in a build. They (family) ALSO build race cars. I did not say they put it in a race car. You said that. Then argued that point. Straw man bro. Make sure everyone sees your misdirect though.... that way you don't look stupid. I shouldn't have even mentioned it because Im not sure he was even talking about the appropriate front end - and admitted that too - but its the only thing you got to grasp on. Keep holding on my man.

Point is.... They would know. You sir, do not. Obviously. And what I said has a little to do with pychology, but mostly logic/reasoning and putting together valid arguments. Your case, a little reading comprehension would go a long way.

There's no need to get all angry over this, it's just the internet and you were the one asked for opinions.

My opinion is that both your choices are still.

A) What looks like an over priced limited slip. Pointless because your spending money on a turd.

B) An axle that no one runs because there are better products. Yes, they are more expensive. Sorry that you spend your hard earned cash on an over priced double piston brake system.

C) Don't get me wrong, Currie does make some awesome products. It's your logic in "a family that builds stuff including race cars, so I'll buy their products" that's silly to me. Am I missing something, are you building a KOH buggy?

Again, just my opinion.

Frogmech
12-29-2016, 01:37 AM
I gotta agree here. You asked if there was anything you were missing and for other concerns. Some people piped up but it seems it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you got a bit sideways. You've been around the hobby a bit and it seems like you went and researched to the point you sold yourself on a plan of action already. Not really sure what you are looking for at this point - except to be argumentative.

Lil Nasty
12-29-2016, 01:40 AM
Sweet someone who knows it all came for advice then decided to give us a lesson in psychology, debate, and reading comprehension for free! Today is our lucky day. Thank you OP for your great contribution and graciously allowing us to show off your superior wisdom.

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 01:56 AM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Yeah, both kits will stop you faster than stock, I can say as much because I have tested both side by side. That being said, I found the TF kit to lock up the tires where as the ProGrips did not. I also found the TF kit to dive considerably - the ProGrips did not. For all you TF fanboys out there, it's your Jeep, your money and you should do what you want with both. Me, I can only go off of my first hand experience testing both kits and based on it, I'm happy to be running ProGrips.

propped1
12-29-2016, 02:01 AM
Youre right. You changed my mind.

Going 60s front and rear now not 44. Dynatrac all the way. ARB too. You know..... names you guys are familiar with. I also just ordered the Dynatrac brake kit. Gonna go throw the TF away. The 2 piston calipers too. That I dont have.

I was asking about experience with the Trutrac. Mechanical Limited Slip. None of the advice given pertained to the question. Its as if I told you I was going to buy a 65" TV for my 2 story 4 br near the city and you want me to get a ranch in the country.... I got advice from somebody telling me that I should not lock my 30... Which I never said I was going to, but great idea. Wish I thought of it. Nailed it guys. Thanks. Truly blessed this holiday season.

Happy New Year

sipafz
12-29-2016, 02:10 AM

Your problem is a simple one. You have spent too much time talking, typing, arguing and not enough time listening. Most people here dislike Terror Flex products - all of them! This was made abundantly clear in the brake thread, yet you continued to argue your pro TF opinion. While your entitled to your opinion, we are also entitled to ours and since you are in our house, its you that should tread lightly.

Follow that with your axel proposal to truss and dump a shit load of money into a D30, it's no wonder that you have zero credibility. I think we all know what a limited slip differential is, just not the current trade name "Trutrac" or whatever. The morel of the story is, you asked the question. If you don't like the answers and opinions, you're free to leave. Just remember, you came to us, not the other way around. Good Luck!

USMC Wrangler
12-29-2016, 02:11 AM

Wait, the Dynatrac kit comes with calipers now? Is that a new package?

Frogmech
12-29-2016, 02:12 AM
...I got advice from somebody telling me that I should not lock my 30... Which I never said I was going to...

Hello all. New to the page but been around the hobby for a bit. Profile is filled out if you have questions.

What do you think about this:

I was thinking about locking the front...

Which side of your mouth are we supposed to believe?

And we're the fucked up ones?!?!

cozdude
12-29-2016, 02:12 AM
Wait, the Dynatrac kit comes with calipers now? Is that a new package?

No it does not come with calipers, it uses the stock calipers

MR.Ty
12-29-2016, 02:14 AM

Going 60s front and rear now not 44. Dynatrac all the way. ARB too. You know..... names you guys are familiar with. I also just ordered the Dynatrac brake kit. Gonna go throw the TF away. The 2 piston calipers too. That I dont have.

I was asking about experience with the Trutrac. Mechanical Limited Slip. None of the advice given pertained to the question. Its as if I told you I was going to buy a 65" TV for my 2 story 4 br near the city and you want me to get a ranch in the country.... I got advice from somebody telling me that I should not lock my 30... Which I never said I was going to, but great idea. Wish I thought of it. Nailed it guys. Thanks. Truly blessed this holiday season.

Happy New Year

Damn wrong again, you're not a psychologist, you're mentally handicapped.

I'm sorry.

USMC Wrangler
12-29-2016, 02:15 AM
No it does not come with calipers, it uses the stock calipers

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 02:15 AM
I moved your thread to a more appropriate sub forum.

2Cross
12-29-2016, 02:17 AM
I've run a Currie D60 for 19 years and it has had zero issues despite a V8 and 35" tires and some heavy throttle and serious crawling.
I've also ran Dynatrac axles for five years on my JK with a V8 and heavy throttle.
Both are strong axles in my opinion. I like my Dynatrac axles better and I think they are built better.
I also have Dutchman chromoly axles on my flatfender. The front has a D30 with 4.88 gearing and with a true lock. I run 32" tires and it hasn't been a problem. Of course it's a four cylinder and very light and I go easy on the throttle.

Having said that, don't put any money into a D30 on a JK with 35s. It's wasted.
I understand you might need to waste some due to monetary and time constraints.

WJCO
12-29-2016, 02:19 AM

You. Are. A. Moron.

You are sold on the calipers even though you don't own them. I was more referring to your Willy Wonka Master Cylinder. And once again, the ProGrip brake kit doesn't come with calipers. If you spent more time researching quality parts vs what you wanted to hear, you would already know that.

WJCO
12-29-2016, 02:21 AM

Happy New Year

:standing wave: Watch that door, it tends to hit people in the ass on their way out.

propped1
12-29-2016, 02:25 AM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Yeah, both kits will stop you faster than stock, I can say as much because I have tested both side by side. That being said, I found the TF kit to lock up the tires where as the ProGrips did not. I also found the TF kit to dive considerably - the ProGrips did not. For all you TF fanboys out there, it's your Jeep, your money and you should do what you want with both. Me, I can only go off of my first hand experience testing both kits and based on it, I'm happy to be running ProGrips.

This is a moderator?

Did you write it up? No write up regarding this online that Ive seen... I'd like to read it. Videos etc? Dynatrac would love to put that on their site if they did better Im sure. What pads on the TF? What conditions? How does an ABS vehicle lock up when not on ice? Nose dive... same jeep? Different shocks, springs, lift height? Control arms? Different tires? Wheels? Both weigh the same?

What am I saying? I'm SURE it was scientific. Who am I to ask questions?

No one is fan boying. The bullshit smell is strong is all. Post the test.

Moved from original thread...
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?42150-TeraFlex-BBK-Install-Questions-6-Speed-Manual

2Cross
12-29-2016, 02:26 AM
:standing wave: Watch that door, it tends to hit people in the ass on their way out.

Oh. I guess my response took so long I missed out on all of the fireworks

Watch out for that door [emoji376]

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 02:33 AM
I was thinking about locking the front

There it is

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 02:34 AM
This is a moderator?

Nah, unlike you, I'm just a nobody.

Did you write it up? No write up regarding this online that Ive seen... I'd like to read it. Videos etc? Dynatrac would love to put that on their site if they did better Im sure. What pads on the TF? What conditions? How does an ABS vehicle lock up when not on ice? Nose dive... same jeep? Different shocks, springs, lift height? Control arms? Different tires? Wheels? Both weigh the same?

Easy there champ, like I said, I'm just a nobody who shared what I experienced. Don't like what I said, don't have to believe a word of it. Clearly, you're the guy who's new to the forum but not new to the hobby and without question, the expert and undisputed authority in all things Jeep.

WJCO
12-29-2016, 02:39 AM
This is a moderator?

This is the owner of the forum, you dipshit. And yes he made a video and yes Dynatrac uses it on their website. You are officially a dipshit and completely ignorant of anything. You have just lost all creditability.

TrainWreck618
12-29-2016, 02:48 AM
This is the owner of the forum, you dipshit. And yes he made a video and yes Dynatrac uses it on their website. You are officially a dipshit and completely ignorant of anything. You have just lost all creditability.

Lol! :doh:

propped1
12-29-2016, 02:57 AM

No one is calling names around here. Just need a link, bro. I've been all over Dynatracs site many times. There is an install video. Profile and fitment docs. Search the site for the words Teraflex... nada. Like I said post the test. There is no test. I got that from the response. Instead of posting a test, the admin just changed my avatar.... Dealing with pros here I see. :rolleyes2:

WJCO
12-29-2016, 03:02 AM
No one is calling names around here. Just need a link, bro. I've been all over Dynatracs site many times. There is an install video. Profile and fitment docs. Search the site for the words Teraflex... nada. Like I said post the test. There is no test. I got that from the response. Instead of posting a test, the admin just changed my avatar.... Dealing with pros here I see. :rolleyes2:

I'm not your bro. You're the expert. You find it.

Mike_JK_Houston_711
12-29-2016, 03:04 AM

You're asking for help now? Dude...good luck with that.

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 03:08 AM
Here you go, asshole

https://www.dynatrac.com/progrip-brake-system-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-101.html

ROBnTANK
12-29-2016, 03:09 AM
What the freak is going on with this forum in the last few weeks?

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 03:09 AM
What the freak is going on with this forum in the last few weeks?

Trolls

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 03:13 AM

Mess with the bull, get the horns

jeffd
12-29-2016, 03:14 AM
don't feel bad they changed my avatar to and I did not do anything other than made a prediction that ended up being true lol. also I looked on the dynatrac site and there is not a comparison that I could find just a progrip video but no mention of teraflex which is what popped1 sounds like he is asking for.

WJCO
12-29-2016, 03:17 AM
don't feel bad they changed my avatar to and I did not do anything other than made a prediction that ended up being true lol. also I looked on the dynatrac site and there is not a comparison that I could find just a progrip video but no mention of teraflex which is what popped1 sounds like he is asking for.

Thanks for the contribution to this thread. You always seem to pop up at just the right time. :thumb:

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 03:19 AM

That only happens to, "special," people

sipafz
12-29-2016, 03:30 AM

That's great! Are you here to tell us how awesome Steersmarts products are? Top tier just like Terror Flex, right??!

dwvninety
12-29-2016, 03:41 AM
This is a moderator?

If you don't believe in anything posted in this forum and you think we are all just fanboys, why don't you find yourself another forum that will cater to your need.

Lil Nasty
12-29-2016, 03:43 AM
Because he has no life and enjoys the online attention he gets after work.

TrainWreck618
12-29-2016, 03:44 AM

Dynatrac doesn't need to post up videos comparing them to tereflex.. there isn't a comparison..

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 04:12 AM
Just need a link, bro. I've been all over Dynatracs site many times. There is an install video. Profile and fitment docs. Search the site for the words Teraflex... nada. Like I said post the test. There is no test. I got that from the response.

Like I said, I'm a nobody. Unlike you, I made no claims - I just shared what I have personally tested and experienced. I have no need to make shit up and encourage you and/or everyone to believe what you want to believe. That being said, I think it'd be great if you could post up the write-up and/or video you've made testing both the TeraFlex brake kit versus the Dyntrac ProGrip to me where I might have come up with inaccurate information. Certainly, I got that this is something you could do based on your response.

Instead of posting a test, the admin just changed my avatar....

Sorry pal, as much as I would have loved to have changed your avatar, that wasn't me. As far as posting a test goes, that would imply I have something to prove and I don't. As I said before, I choose to run what I do based on my experience testing both kits. All I did was share as much. I couldn't care less what you choose to run on your Jeep - it is after all, YOUR Jeep.

Dealing with pros here I see. :rolleyes2:

The only pro here is clearly you. :yup:

A.J.
12-29-2016, 04:13 AM

Happy New Year

I have run true trac( aka Torsen ) limited slips. I used them in the front on a couple older fords with rev. Pinion d44 front and Detroit locker in the 9" rear combo. It is a helical gear limited slip which worked pretty well for icy roads so as not to drive straight through corners. In my opinion it would be a waste of $$ for a Jk as the factory traction control is nearly as good. What would you like to know about it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 04:17 AM
don't feel bad they changed my avatar to and I did not do anything other than made a prediction that ended up being true lol.

My apologies but I fail to recall who you are. That being said, it looks like a prediction was made about you and it ended up being true. :crazyeyes:

also I looked on the dynatrac site and there is not a comparison that I could find just a progrip video but no mention of teraflex which is what popped1 sounds like he is asking for.

Funny, I looked on TeraFlex's site and couldn't find a comparison that I could find. They had a video talking about the kit and a couple of install videos but no mention of Dynatrac or how their kit is so much better. Of course, everyone knows who this popped1 guy is and if he says it's true, it clearly must be.

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 04:21 AM
the admin just changed my avatar.... :

I did it, chief

jeffd
12-29-2016, 04:47 AM
My apologies but I fail to recall who you are. That being said, it looks like a prediction was made about you and it ended up being true. :crazyeyes:

you probably don't remember I was coming off the dusy when you were getting ready to hit the trail. you ask how the trail was I said the trail was good but the scenery was not near what it is in Montana. I had a white stockish jeep from Montana my buddy was from ohio had a red stockish jeep.

?..................

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 04:54 AM
?..................

Is your preferred forum too slow tonight?

JeepJeep75
12-29-2016, 05:25 AM
Holy shit the trolls are running wild tonight. What is the mix-count on this thread? 3, 4...?

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 04:16 PM
:cheesy: So, this morning, I was going through the list of people who get stuck in the cue for one reason or another - more times than not, their account gets hung up because they changed their email address and enter it in wrong so they don't get a confirmation link and, I came across this guy. Anyway, this got me looking at his profile and just noticed his bio which reads, "Just a Jeeper who thinks Eddie is a dumbass". :crazyeyes:

RESURECTIONJK
12-29-2016, 04:30 PM
:cheesy: So, this morning, I was going through the list of people who get stuck in the cue for one reason or another - more times than not, their account gets hung up because they changed their email address and enter it in wrong so they don't get a confirmation link and, I came across this guy. Anyway, this got me looking at his profile and just noticed his bio which reads, "Just a Jeeper who thinks Eddie is a dumbass". :crazyeyes:

Well damn... hope his legs grow together

WJCO
12-29-2016, 04:33 PM

Yep. I knew from the beginning he had an agenda. He didn't come here for help with his build even though he pretended to be. Another Jackass like the rest.

notnalc68
12-29-2016, 05:08 PM
So he is a jack ass. I was right. Enjoy your new profile pic, propped1.

longarmwj
12-29-2016, 07:19 PM
People are pathetic. That's the mentality of a middle schooler.

"I don't like their forum so I'm going to go and stir up trouble." :grayno:

wayoflife
12-29-2016, 07:47 PM
:cheesy: I've been trying to catch up on my emails this morning and came across this...

Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:28 PM
To: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum
Subject: Re: Welcome to WAYALIFE Jeep Forum!

You're a joke, bro. After this ordeal, I did a little google search on "eddie wayalife"... You are not a well respected Jeep community member.... I know now why the hate came out from the start. Im not the first, but you havent gotten any better at arguing after all these years. JKForum, Pirate, Reddit JKO.... You know that though. Cause you're a self important douche. Sweet legacy you got going.
Peace

WJCO
12-29-2016, 07:54 PM
:cheesy: I've been trying to catch up on my emails this morning and came across this...

Same shit, different day. Guess we should have just told him what he wanted to hear, so you could avoid getting that email. :crazyeyes:

cozdude
12-29-2016, 08:02 PM

Well at least he wasn't like the other tools he had followed and in the "favorite trail" spot put "your mom"

longarmwj
12-29-2016, 08:29 PM

Woooow. I guess real world experience and running the best products in the industry makes you a "self important douche" :rolleyes2:

JeepJeep75
12-29-2016, 09:36 PM
That dude was like a Samsung washing machine and just blew his own top off. Good riddance.

JKbrick
12-30-2016, 12:54 AM

Isn't there a dips-hit thread?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

WJCO
12-30-2016, 01:15 AM
Isn't there a dips-hit thread?

There is indeed. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41592-NIB-doesn-t-mean-used-you-dips-hit