How to remove stripped Torx bolt?

Sooner_Jeeper

Hey all, I am removing my factory seat belts because I now have Corbeau's and will be using their 3-point harnesses because they don't fit with the factory ones. I traded the seats and the guy wants the factory belts, but he has the Corbeau seatbelts so it's all even. MY QUESTION: How do I remove the T45 bolt at the base of the seat belt? I got a little bit of it out but I think Jeep used military grade loctite on it and it stripped when I tried getting it out. That goes for both driver and passenger side. How can I get this bolt out?
IMG_0699.jpg IMG_0700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kep01

If you have access to a welder weld a nut on top of the bolts then put the socket and impact on it. Make sure to disconnect your battery cables.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

Vice grips around the head
Easy out
Dremel the head to accept a open ended wrench | |
Set and angry beaver loose on it.

What about trying an impact driver? I have used mine with great success loosening stubborn screws and bolts when working on helicopters. It may help jar the bolt loose.

IMG_5686.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If it's stripped out good enough, you can sometimes pound a hex head/Allen socket into it and it will bite and you can remove it that way.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Button heads like shown can be easily drilled with a drill the same size of the thread or slightly bigger. Drill until the head releases from the stud, slip your belt bracket off and use a vise grips to remove the remaining stud.

bthomas

As a last resort, I think that type of thread lock softens with heat. I'd suggest a little butane micro torch and being VERY careful of surrounding looms, wiring and belts if you try it. I've pulled seat belt bolts out of a few other vehicles that were ridiculously hard to get out too.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sooner_Jeeper

I don't have a lot of room to work with so I can't get vice grips or other things in there. I'm thinking I can get a dremel with a cutoff wheel in there, cut the head of the bolt off and get the seat belt harness out. Then I can weld on a nut and take an impact to it

Jackal01

I had a stripped out a tailgate hinge bolt. I took the next size torx head, hammered it in and it bit into the rounded edges. Turned out like normal.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Hey all, I am removing my factory seat belts because I now have Corbeau's and will be using their 3-point harnesses because they don't fit with the factory ones. I traded the seats and the guy wants the factory belts, but he has the Corbeau seatbelts so it's all even. MY QUESTION: How do I remove the T45 bolt at the base of the seat belt? I got a little bit of it out but I think Jeep used military grade loctite on it and it stripped when I tried getting it out. That goes for both driver and passenger side. How can I get this bolt out?
View attachment 236335 View attachment 236336

I think they are a T47 also, not a T45.

Travv310

View attachment 236335 View attachment 236336

You need to get these pound it over the head and I guarantee it'll come off I've used them many of times. About 20 bucks at autozone or any auto parts store well worth it. IMG_1456.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom