Teraflex Sport S/T3 lift kit

GAdawg88

Hello all,

I am new to the Jeep Life and have been looking at my next big upgrades for the JKU, namely the Tereflex Sport S/T3 lift kit and Falken AT3/W 315/75R16 tires on Mammoth Wheels. I am aiming to build a rig that can be driven to and from work daily and be capable of running the rocks and trails on the weekends. For the price, the S/T3 seems like an economical choice for a complete kit and Teraflex claims this lift is "maintenance free" due to the non-adjustable control arms. I would like to ask for some thoughts from anyone who has purchased and run this kit, as well as thoughts of any other experienced Jeepers. Does this kit live up to its' maintenance free claim (excluding trail "abuse" issues)? Have any of you purchased this kit and regretted not having adjustable control arms? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Last edited:

ROBnTANK

Welcome to WAL. You will get a lot of opinions about lift kits on this forum. One being most people will stay away from Teraflex and run a lift that's built in the USA. When I first started owning Jeeps I heard Teraflex was the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've gone through a few Jeeps I know better. Look at EVO, they're built here and their customer service is outstanding. Most people will agree with me. For the tires I can't speak on that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubicon310

I run a 3 inch TF lift. I'm not 100% happy with it. Their rear upper control arms are a bitch to adjust once you put them on. The instructions are horrible. And customer service is great but you'll get 3 different answers from 3 different people if you run into trouble. Many people here like the EVO lifts. Do research and make your own decision.

GAdawg88

I appreciate the quick responses and info gents. Didn't expect to get such negetive feedback on TF in just seven replies, but that's why I came here. TF doesn't tell you "our coils are stiff AF and our service is lacking!" in their videos and advertisements. I had actually looked at Evo and was scared away by the price tags on some of the kits, but looks like I'll be waiting, patiently saving, and researching a little more now. Any body have good experiences with AEV's products or Rock Krawler?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the quick responses and info gents. Didn't expect to get such negetive feedback on TF in just seven replies, but that's why I came here. TF doesn't tell you "our coils are stiff AF and our service is lacking!" in their videos and advertisements. I had actually looked at Evo and was scared away by the price tags on some of the kits, but looks like I'll be waiting, patiently saving, and researching a little more now. Any body have good experiences with AEV's products or Rock Krawler?

AEV work find but they're way over priced for what little you get - coils, shocks and a bunch of drop brackets. There are a lot of folks on here that run and like Rock Krawler and they make good products too. The coils used on both companies are a bit on the firm side for my taste but then, ride quality is 100% subjective and that's just my opinion.

WJCO

Meme King
I appreciate the quick responses and info gents. Didn't expect to get such negetive feedback on TF in just seven replies, but that's why I came here. TF doesn't tell you "our coils are stiff AF and our service is lacking!" in their videos and advertisements. I had actually looked at Evo and was scared away by the price tags on some of the kits, but looks like I'll be waiting, patiently saving, and researching a little more now.

As far as pricing, quality does typically cost more money, especially with parts that you will beat the shit out of off road on rocks. With that being said, I have personally spent money twice on many areas of my Jeep and it really sucks. So do save up, do the research, and do it right the first time. In the long run, it is worth it.

Last edited:

Hot94Z28

I run RK, I have around 30,000 miles on the kit and their joints on their control arms seem to be holding up good, but the powder coating does not seem to be holding up well. Also the spring are stiff in my opinion.

I will also not use their "Mid-arm" kit, seems people have too many issues making those kits work. Mine is the "Max-Travel" and does not use the longer arms.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will also not use their "Mid-arm" kit, seems people have too many issues making those kits work. Mine is the "Max-Travel" and does not use the longer arms.

This ^^^^

If you go with the Rock Krawler kit, I would advise AGAINST their "mid-arm" kit as all it is are control arms that are about 1" too long. This will cause significant spring bow at the back, rubbing of your track bar on them and make it difficult to set your pinion among other things.

Hot94Z28

Also why not look into the EVO kit? Their arms are better, and everyone likes how the coil springs ride. I'm not saying the RK kit is shit, just if I would of done more research in the right places I would be running an EVO kit myself.

Ddays

Hooked
I will also not use their "Mid-arm" kit, seems people have too many issues making those kits work. Mine is the "Max-Travel" and does not use the longer arms. Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for posting that so I don't have to go off on one of my rants on those goddam mid-arm kits.

OP -I wouldn't try to persuade into not buying the RK standard length arm kit BUT don't think you need to get a kit that replaces all 8 arms. You need adjustable front lowers and possibly adjustable rear upper arms to get your angles correct on your axles.
If it was me I would look into this EVO kit as well: https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-enforcer-kit-with-plush-springs-jk-jku/ It comes with everything you need & nothing you don't.

Hot94Z28

Thanks for posting that so I don't have to go off on one of my rants on those goddam mid-arm kits.

OP -I wouldn't try to persuade into not buying the RK standard length arm kit BUT don't think you need to get a kit that replaces all 8 arms. You need adjustable front lowers and possibly adjustable rear upper arms to get your angles correct on your axles.
If it was me I would look into this EVO kit as well: https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-enforcer-kit-with-plush-springs-jk-jku/ It comes with everything you need & nothing you don't.

That Enforcer kit is even cheaper than the RK Max-Travel kit.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
AEV work find but they're way over priced for what little you get - coils, shocks and a bunch of drop brackets. There are a lot of folks on here that run and like Rock Krawler and they make good products too. The coils used on both companies are a bit on the firm side for my taste but then, ride quality is 100% subjective and that's just my opinion.

Also, don't I remember you saying Rancho made a pretty decent kit?

Rubicon310

Like Eddie mentioned, ride quality is subjective.

I have read many post that state that the TF are hard like a rock. I don't have anything else to compare them to but what i can tell you is that compared to stock rubicon suspension, they are Indeed stiffer, not like a rock or not in a way that makes ME feel like I'm riding on rocks but stiffer. I was hoping that they would eventually get softer but Eddie told me a couple months ago that they would not sag and ride quality would not change. He was correct.

Also, I had questions when installing the kit and had to call them 3 times. They are super nice but I got 3 different answers from the 3 calls. I lost confidence in their reps after that.

Do your own research. If possible, ride a few jeeps with different suspensions so you can make your own decision. Good luck and post pictures of your build!

Top Bottom