Out With The Old, In With The New?

tonytony9

Unfortunately my Jk is getting up there in miles (133) and I think it is time to start thinking of my options for the future. I was not sure where to post this so please feel free to switch it to a different category if necessary!

Right now I'm driving a 2008 JKU X with some modifications. I love the truck but I do about 4 14 hour trips out to school every year and I am really starting to think I need something a little more comfortable for the drives.

My sister is getting to the age where she is going to need a car soon and of course she also wants a wrangler!! So I was thinking of just giving her mine and possibly picking up another truck.

What is the forums advice on either selling or keeping my wrangler? Is it worth getting a new jk with the new model launching next year? What about getting a used jk (maybe with some mods) with low mileage?

How many miles do you think I could realistically put on my current jk? Everything is kept extremely well maintained on it and maintenance is performed on time always.

Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
1 have 140k miles on my 2010 and it's still going well, regular oil changes and I change my transmission fluid once a year because of the mods.

the newer models get better mileage something to consider if your sister drives far, if it'll be local and short trips I'd say hand it down and buy a new Jeep

Bigjimbo

Why not rent a car for your 4 long trips a year? At 14 hours what you spend in a rental and gas will be equal -if not cheaper- than driving your Jeep. Not to mention there's no wear and tear on your vehicle.

Either way I don't believe you're going to get much better gas mileage or "ride quality" going from a 2010 to a new model to warrant the money you spend.

Napalm

Keep the Jeep, I'm guessing it's paid off. Replace things as they need to be replaced, and so on and so forth. If it breaks, fix it. Miles aren't anything but a number! Drive it, wheel it, enjoy it.

Buy a cheaper car or truck and use it as a daily driver.

Learo2000GT

Keep the Jeep, I'm guessing it's paid off. Replace things as they need to be replaced, and so on and so forth. If it breaks, fix it. Miles aren't anything but a number! Drive it, wheel it, enjoy it.

Buy a cheaper car or truck and use it as a daily driver.

Solid advice. You say u want something more comfortable. Do u mean ride comfort, interior creature comforts? Take some of that new car money and make it a bit more comfortable. New car is more money more insurance and more liability if something goes south financially that is unexpected.

TC1201JK

I say pass it on if you can or don't mind the payments for a newer gently used unmolested jk. As a father of 3 (2 of which I've already had to go through the "first car" with) I would've thrown my oldest a few grand for a down payment for her next jeep for handing down hers. I don't blame her for not offering though. She loves her xj.

Top Bottom