C-gussets.....which ones?

PERS JK

Going to do c-gussets soon and wondering which ones to get? Is there a difference in them? I know a lot probably has to do with quality of welding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PERS JK

I recommended ORE for the install since your profile says you are in CA. You could also have them regear your jeep at the same time if you are ready for that.
I'm in Norcal about 90 miles NW of Reno. Are you N. Nv or Vegas area?

Must ask a question about c-gussets.

Is it really any benefit to do the c-gussets? I mean, if you wheel that hard and have bigger tires, is it not wise to choose a stronger front axle and change out the dana 30 instead.

I still have the dana 30 front and I´ve no issues with it. No bends or anything broken but I do NOT wheel very hard and only have 33" tires ( copper s/t maxx 275/70/18 )

With that set up and common sense I feel that there is no problem to go overlanding on real shitty roads with a dana 30 all around the world.

What I´m trying to say is, is it really any point with all this kind of so called reinforcement to a dana 30. I feel that a stock dana 30 will hold up just fine as it is if you just know that it is a dana 30 and use it for what it was desegned to take and that is stock or near stock tires and not super hardcore wheeling with 35" + tires. A stock jeep with stock axles I guess is not enginered to do hard trails but it can take you from piont a to piont b on worthless roads. Thinking outback in Australia, Africa and Russia for examples and locartions in Asia. Under developed countries.

If you are going to use it like a trail rig I think it it wast of time and money to uppgrade this and that on the dana30 becuse in the end it will not take the abuse on hard trails. Adventure and "overlanding" I see no problem with in stock shape.

Maybee I´m wrong, just my point of view.

WJCO

Meme King

Is it really any benefit to do the c-gussets? I mean, if you wheel that hard and have bigger tires, is it not wise to choose a stronger front axle and change out the dana 30 instead.

I still have the dana 30 front and I´ve no issues with it. No bends or anything broken but I do NOT wheel very hard and only have 33" tires ( copper s/t maxx 275/70/18 )

With that set up and common sense I feel that there is no problem to go overlanding on real shitty roads with a dana 30 all around the world.

What I´m trying to say is, is it really any point with all this kind of so called reinforcement to a dana 30. I feel that a stock dana 30 will hold up just fine as it is if you just know that it is a dana 30 and use it for what it was desegned to take and that is stock or near stock tires and not super hardcore wheeling with 35" + tires. A stock jeep with stock axles I guess is not enginered to do hard trails but it can take you from piont a to piont b on worthless roads. Thinking outback in Australia, Africa and Russia for examples and locartions in Asia. Under developed countries.

If you are going to use it like a trail rig I think it it wast of time and money to uppgrade this and that on the dana30 becuse in the end it will not take the abuse on hard trails. Adventure and "overlanding" I see no problem with in stock shape.

Yes you're right, a stronger axle is a better move, but plenty of guys have had luck with the gussets on the end when running larger tires for a shot term solution. And like you said, it depends on how they drive.

NV375

Cs are the one thing I would do on a stock axle. I have seen the results of driving fast in the desert with a stock axle. I bought a 2007 JKU with a bent front and I knew how it got that way. Bottoming out at speed on or off-road is not your friend when it comes to axle life.

Last edited:
J

JKDream

Going to do c-gussets soon and wondering which ones to get? Is there a difference in them? I know a lot probably has to do with quality of welding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any of the box-style gussets are the same.
EVO doesn't come pre welded where the bends are made on the lower gusset, synergy does.
You'd be fine with any of the brands, I would however recommend doing the box style versus the type Teraflex makes.
Grab whatever is available and cheapest.

Cs are the one thing I would do on a stock axle. I have seen the results of driving fast in the desert with a stock axle. I bought a 2007 JKU with a bent front and I knew how it got that way. Bottoming out at speed on or off-road is not your friend when it comes to axle life.

yeah, I see your point but you just wrote it your self. High speed in the desert. No stock factory 4x4 regardless of brand, it can be toyota landcruiser, nissan patrol or land rover defender jeep wrangler are Not going to hold up over long term use if that use is racing in the desert. Then you must build the 4x4 up for that purpose. Racing highspeed or rock crawling does not matter. Stock will not survive and I´m pretty sure that some c-gusset on a dana 30 with big tires will die anyway if you are bombing through the desert in high speed and are having air time with the poor jeep.

My personaly opionion is still that it is waste of time and money to do upgrades. If you have stock axles, treat them like stock axles and you will be able to drive through that desert a thousands of time.

Top Bottom