lurker finally registered

spookyg00k

15823855_1101534866635920_1031823117_o.jpg I currently reside in Maryland (Moco area), long time on and off lurker, mainly for the wealth of knowledge gleaned from here.

:update: i didn't upload pics of my rigs

Currently a high mileage 07 (136k) JKU Sahara. ProRock44 fronts, Truetrac lockers, Evo sliders, Bushwacker fenders, GenRight Tire carrier, 37" BFG Ko2's, rear axle has an ARB locker with upgraded nitro axles. 5.38 ratio. 3.5 RK Mid arm lift(need to rebuild the shanks/joints) and a few other things

just got the rear diff rebuild...but didn't get the axle seals so hes spewing his guts out on the passenger side (waiting on the seals and bearings to come in this coming week) also did the 5w20 to 5w30 conversion, works great

Last edited:

spookyg00k

Great looking red! So you have a 5.38 in a stock Rubicon rear axle? How do you like those ko2s in 37 inch?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

yeap, only upgrade besides locker and changing the gearing are the nitro axles

and the Ko2's run great actually, they wear good and i rotate them religiously . despite living in one of the most congested regions in the US... the roads are very very shitty and during terrible weather like snow storms that we get every now and then, they run fine.
very very quiet even pushing 70-80mph

Journeyman

Welcome to WOL!
What conversion are you talking about? 5-20 to 5-30 [emoji848] I did a quick google search and came up empty handed.
I'm assuming engine oil.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

spookyg00k

Welcome to WOL!
What conversion are you talking about? 5-20 to 5-30 [emoji848] I did a quick google search and came up empty handed.
I'm assuming engine oil.

yeap, i meant actually switching from the 5w20 to 5w30, noticed smoother engine operation and 2mpg increase (could be just oil change in general) next up is waiting on my PCV hose so i can install a new PCV valve and clean out the throttle body

I wonder if anyone else is putting high mileage on the 3.8 ill probably hit 150k mid year. probably replace it with an LS 6.0 and use it as a project car

Journeyman

I don't see how changing to a heavier oil could increase fuel mileage.
My 3.6 always makes a bunch of racket on a cold startup. But the same time it's got 95k and uses absolutely zero oil. Always been a strong runner for what it is. Definitely thinking an LS in the future but it's got a bunch of other stuff ahead of it on that list.

spookyg00k

I don't see how changing to a heavier oil could increase fuel mileage.
My 3.6 always makes a bunch of racket on a cold startup. But the same time it's got 95k and uses absolutely zero oil. Always been a strong runner for what it is. Definitely thinking an LS in the future but it's got a bunch of other stuff ahead of it on that list.

could just be changing oil helped with mpg? or it just dawned on me that i did do the ring and pinion replacement... idk but my MPG went up immediately

Yeap, definitely LS swap if i can afford it and hold off on having kids with the woman hahahaha
definitely doing drive train and gonna upgrade my rear to 60s, gonna upgrade everything before i do the LS swap. may take a long time

WJCO

Meme King
hah

i recall that i think it was one of your posts that finally convinced me to do this.. or rather you were a part of that thread

As far as noise maybe, but not the mpg that I recall. But then again regarding the noise, long-term use of thicker oil than recommended may cause issues in the valve train, due to the heavier oil taking longer to circulate to the top of the motor.

spookyg00k

As far as noise maybe, but not the mpg that I recall. But then again regarding the noise, long-term use of thicker oil than recommended may cause issues in the valve train, due to the heavier oil taking longer to circulate to the top of the motor.

thank you kind sir for your wisdom image.png

here is my humble meme that i've stolen

Top Bottom