Planning a lift/leveling kit for my 2dr.

onebadtwo

Ive been thinking about lifting my rig a little... My 2dr currently has some 1" coil spacers in the front and some rubi shocks. Since installing my winch (M8000) and bumper (Crawler Conceptz Skinny Series) I feel like I need a little more height. Ive been kicking around the idea of using either the Evo leveling kit or the 2" Rancho Sport kit. What do y'all consider the pros and cons of either setup? Im currently on a set of 285/70/17 TerraGraplers but Ill probably end up on a set of 315/70/17 DuraTracs (or something similar) before long.
IMG_2186.JPG
Heres a pic of me high centered...

Napalm

I've run an EVO leveling kit twice on a JKU and love it. It'll net you slightly more lift on a 2dr but it'll turn out nice. I'd recommend getting rid of those 1 inch coil spacers and going with the EVO level. It has a soft ride and quality is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flynlo

I've heard a lot of people run the Evo leveling kit, I can't speak on either one but I'm chiming in because I have the same bumper as you but with a different winch, and I have roughly the same size tire you're considering (I have 315/70r16). I have about 3.5" of lift over stock.
IMG_0725_zps3hgr3tvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0899_zps0p5rthk0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You really can't go wrong with either kit. The Rancho kit will give you a bit more lift and for about $100 more, will come with new shocks too if that's something you're interested in. Otherwise, the EVO kit will just give you what you need.

Napalm

Wouldn't Stock 4 door springs give him the lift he wants?

While he could run a stock 4dr Rubi spring with flat fenders to be able to run the 315s, I think the ride would be better with either the EVO kit or the Rancho kit plus more lift. While I think that ride quality is subjective to every individual, I've heard from many that the ride difference from Rubi springs to the Plush Ride from EVO is a huge difference. That's just my opinion and what I've heard from my experience.

Kyle7r just made this change, maybe he can chime in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't Stock 4 door springs give him the lift he wants?

4-door Rubicon springs will give "a little" lift but nothing like what an EVO or Rancho kit will. Personally, I find that swapping in factory coils are a waste of money and time assuming you can get them for free.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
4-door Rubicon springs will give "a little" lift but nothing like what an EVO or Rancho kit will. Personally, I find that swapping in factory coils are a waste of money and time assuming you can get them for free.

They ride like a dump truck, on a 2 door, also. Been there, done that. Try the Rancho system with the 9000 shocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They ride like a dump truck, on a 2 door, also. Been there, done that. Try the Rancho system with the 9000 shocks.

LOL!! It always cracks me up when I hear people say how their X, Y or Z lift kit "rides just like stock". I've always hated the stock ride as to me, it feels like shit. Of course, ride quality is 100% subjective :yup:

notnalc68

LOL!! It always cracks me up when I hear people say how their X, Y or Z lift kit "rides just like stock". I've always hated the stock ride as to me, it feels like shit. Of course, ride quality is 100% subjective :yup:

It seems to me, the 2 door stock ride is actually softer than the 4 door. I found the stock springs to be harsh in this JKU, and putting those coils in a 2 door was almost unbearable. I ran that 2 door like that a couple of months, and went back to 14/54 with spacers.

Kyle7R

While he could run a stock 4dr Rubi spring with flat fenders to be able to run the 315s, I think the ride would be better with either the EVO kit or the Rancho kit plus more lift. While I think that ride quality is subjective to every individual, I've heard from many that the ride difference from Rubi springs to the Plush Ride from EVO is a huge difference. That's just my opinion and what I've heard from my experience.

Can confirm, 4 door springs rode like a chuck wagon.

EVO made a considerable difference.

And my rig is light. No bumper, no winch, soft top, I wish I had ditched those 4door springs sooner!

X2

[emoji23] [emoji23]

I thought the whole time, "it's a jeep, it's supposed top ride like shit."

I was wrong...after riding in a few different jeeps, I went with the EVO kit. I'm glad I did. It's no Cadillac by any means, but it's much more enjoyable now.

And to steal from Eddie, what do I know? I'm just a mall crawler..[emoji41] [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mtb275

Can confirm, 4 door springs rode like a chuck wagon.

EVO made a considerable difference.

And my rig is light. No bumper, no winch, soft top, I wish I had ditched those 4door springs sooner!

X2

[emoji23] [emoji23]

I thought the whole time, "it's a jeep, it's supposed top ride like shit."

I was wrong...after riding in a few different jeeps, I went with the EVO kit. I'm glad I did. It's no Cadillac by any means, but it's much more enjoyable now.

And to steal from Eddie, what do I know? I'm just a mall crawler..[emoji41] [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I do have the swap of 18/59's with leveling kit. Ido like and when loaded down it does ride better. It is a little rough. Rubi shocks helped a bit.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, good info. I've just seen it posted that people were doing that. Doesn't mean it is a good option though. [emoji57]

notnalc68

I did this, as a kind of experiment. I had coils from an EVO leveling kit, and added OME coils to the rear. Now, if I wanted 4 coil springs on a 2 door, to yield less than 3 inches, I would look at all OME. They ride really nice. Having said all of that, if I had it to do over again, I would just buy the EVO or Rancho kit, and add more spacers to the rear, if it sits nose high.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=59401&share_type=t&share_pid=734282

Last edited:
Top Bottom