Wave from Lodi, CA

dirtywilks

Hey everyone, just throwing a wave your way from Lodi, CA.

A little about my Jeep. About 3 weeks ago a good buddy of mine called and asked what my plans for the day was. I was holding my one month old and his exact words were "Wanna buy a Jeep?" He proceeded to tell me he caught wind of an estate sale nearby and there were two 2011 Jeeps for sale: a 2 door and a 4 door. He wanted the 4 door and knew I loved the color orange. The two door was Mango Tango.
I walked over to my wife and handed her the baby and told her I'd be back in about an hour or two. We showed up about 30 min. before the estate sale and there was a line of about 50 people near the driveway in front of a gate to look at the 2 Jeeps and the stuff in the garage. There was another line of about 150 people lined up at the front door. Everyone was nonchalantly staring at the Jeeps, trying not to show the excitement. Because my buddy had spoken to the estate company and found out what they were asking for them, I knew they would go quick. I looked at my buddy and said "There are too many people here looking at these Jeeps. I think we just have to push our way up and rip the tags off the windows to claim them for our own. If we hesitate, someone else will grab them. Ready to gamble?" He agreed and we sat like two kids at Christmas waiting to receive our presents. Luckily the estate sale lady came outside and started them up. Other than a close to dead battery, they sounded good. What really could be wrong with two 2011 Jeep with under 30k miles?
9 AM came quickly and they pushed open the gates. Everyone pushed to the front and as I approached the orange one there was some guy lifting the hood and at least two people at the front, rear, and passenger doors peaking inside. I quickly walked around the jeep to make sure there was no crazy body damage and other than being dirty with dust and cobwebs, it looked great!
I walked over to rip the tag off the window and and some guy had the tag in his hand staring at it. Another guy said "you pull off that tag and you have to buy it." He let go of the tag and I quickly ripped it off the window. They both looked surprised and one said- "Are you buying it?" I calmly replied "yea, it's a good deal." I looked for my friend and he was was already at the cash register, tag in hand, pulling out a deposit. Seems we pissed off a lot of people that day. A good half dozen people came over asking for the keys to start them, and tell them they had been there two hours early and they should get first right. One lady yelled at me because she had been speaking to the estate company all week and was upset because she had full intentions of buying it. The estate workers just said-first to come with the tag gets it.
We walked away with two Jk's that day. Mine happens to have an extended warranty. I called my wife a couple hours after being at the estate sale asking her to come pick me up at the bank because I was draining it to buy a Jeep. I told her I was going to flip it. :yup: She asked me what color it was. When I told her it was orange, she just said oh great. This jeep isn't going anywhere anytime soon. She then smiled and said- I'm glad you got something you liked.

Sorry for the long story, but I love that the Jeep has one.

I present to you all.. Salty Sue.. 2011 Jeep Sport.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
The price must have been right, I'm not sure I would have the balls to buy a vehicle without much info or at least a test drive!

Welcome to Wayalife. Salty Sue sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom