Post deployment wave

Warebear

Hey all! Just wanted to give a wave as I have spent the last 7 months on the USS Ike! Hard to keep up from out there, but I'm glad to be back! Sure missed the forum.
Also, I will be moving to Washington in the coming months, and am trying to plan an epic cross country trip to get there! Let me know some places I should look into going!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Welcome back!! I think it's mandatory that if you are driving across country, you MUST stop through Moab. It's doable most of the year it looks like. [emoji106][emoji112]

ChiliDawg

Welcome home, shipmate. I drove across country to get out here two years ago. If I had it to do again I'd plan on spending a little extra time in Utah for sure. Plan your trip through Northern Nevada and take a drive around Lake Tahoe on your way as well. You won't regret it. If it's a few months from now you could probably get the Rubicon in as well.

bthomas

Welcome home and thank you for your service! If it were me on a cross country road trip, I'd try to cover as much of Route 66 as I could. And stop in Moab.

Warebear

Thank you thank you! It was fairly uneventful, seemed like this one flew by. Guess I'm just getting old. Moab is at the top of my list for sure! I will be starting the trip in Norfolk, and I'll have about 15 days to do it.

GraniteCrystal

Thank you thank you! It was fairly uneventful, seemed like this one flew by. Guess I'm just getting old. Moab is at the top of my list for sure! I will be starting the trip in Norfolk, and I'll have about 15 days to do it.

If you come thru Denver, let us know and we can try to meet up for a beer or something.

Welcome home!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Welcome back! You guys had a busy deployment. I'm glad it was "uneventful."

Enjoy planning and executing the cross country trip. I highly recommend that you go through some big sky country and get to spend a few days in Yellow Stone...there is some wheeling in that area too. My family and I did that a few years back during one of our cross country PCS trips. It's one of those national parks that is truly unique and better than TV shows can portray.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Warebear

Welcome back! You guys had a busy deployment. I'm glad it was "uneventful."

Enjoy planning and executing the cross country trip. I highly recommend that you go through some big sky country and get to spend a few days in Yellow Stone...there is some wheeling in that area too. My family and I did that a few years back during one of our cross country PCS trips. It's one of those national parks that is truly unique and better than TV shows can portray.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Haha just another day of work.

Alright will do, I will have to look into some of the parks out there, I have read a little about some in Wyoming, but not much else.

Top Bottom