RK rears or sell and replace?

malamuteman

I've got a 2014 Jku with 3" springs running 37's. currently I have front RK upper and lower control arms. I want to finish the setup but I've heard of difficulties with the rear RK arms. I've gone ahead and installed rear spring wedges. The question is do I purchase the rear ($450) or sell to get a full set of metalcloaks ($1200). Obviously money is a factor but I'd also like to get the most flex i can without wasting money.
I know the shocks are the limiting factor for flex. I'm running the 5160 for a 4"+ lift. Full extension is 27.4". Springs have retainer clips.
I live on the east coast. Rig is a DD going wheeling about 4-5 times a year. I don't have a heavy right foot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Stock length rear RK arms would work fine, but have your current arms limited your wheeling capabilities?

Rottenbelly

Unless you need to dial in your pinion angle you really don't need a full set of rear arms.
Replacing them might get you a little more flex, but the stock ones flex pretty good.
I would recommend the MC over the Rk if you go that route. Seems to me the RK bushing have more failures than the MC.
I ran stock rear arms with a 4.5 lift for years and the stock bushings held up fine.

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you don't want to waste money, keep the stock arms. How do you get more flex with aftermarket arms?

WJCO

Meme King
Obviously money is a factor but I'd also like to get the most flex i can without wasting money.

Getting the most flex you can without wasting money would be to leave the Jeep the way it is and spend your money on other mods. The new arms won't give you more flex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a 2014 Jku with 3" springs running 37's. currently I have front RK upper and lower control arms. I want to finish the setup but I've heard of difficulties with the rear RK arms.

This is mainly with their "mid-arms". If you get standard length arms, you'll be fine.

I've gone ahead and installed rear spring wedges. The question is do I purchase the rear ($450) or sell to get a full set of metalcloaks ($1200). Obviously money is a factor but I'd also like to get the most flex i can without wasting money.

New control arms will NOT give you any more flex than you have. I guarantee it. Being that money is a factor, I would recommend that you not spend ANY money and just wheel with what you've got.

I know the shocks are the limiting factor for flex.

Being that you know this, I'm not exactly sure why you're wanting to spend money on something you really don't need.

Top Bottom