Sport to Rubicon transfer case upgrade

Walldog

Hi guys, I have a 2012 JKU sport and a 2016 JKU Rubicon both Auto.
The sport is my toy and I want to put the Rubi transfer case in it.

Has anyone done this before and have any info to help me out that I may need to know?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
Hi guys, I have a 2012 JKU sport and a 2016 JKU Rubicon both Auto.
The sport is my toy and I want to put the Rubi transfer case in it.

Has anyone done this before and have any info to help me out that I may need to know?

TIA

There's quite a few threads here on this. Notnalc68 did a great write up on his swapout too. Try googling it & it should come up along with a bunch of others.

Edit: Here you go: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...se-in-a-2014-Wrangler-JK-Sport-(Auto-Transmis

Last edited:

mastrcruse

Yep, it was pretty easy. I'd suggest not wasting your time on getting to the lower bolt of the t case and dropping the tranny mount a little (keeping a jack/stand supporting the motor and tranny sagging). Took my 3 hours trying to get to that stupid bolt and after I dropped the support, I had the old out and new in and buttoned up in 45 minutes. Also, get a flashcal or AEV module to reprogram for ratio change....the traildash does not have this capability.

Also, if you want a little additional security, get the RSE t case brace and install it before you put the new t case in.

Walldog

Awesome write up, [emoji1317]

Now all I need to confirm is that the output shaft on the diesels auto is the same as the Rubicons (rumours are that they are different )

Buster3479

Notnalc68's writeup was perfect, I just swapped mine out using it in Nov. Heed what he recommended and buy the flex head ratchet wrench before you start. I couldn't get at a few driver's side nuts with any other tool I owned. Once I had the flex head ratchet wrench it all went smooth.

Thanks again Notnalc68. 4Lo is like a whole other world now!

Top Bottom