A pretty random question

Austac

Hi fellow jeepers, got a random one for you, i've been having a noise when hard cornering near the dash/ firewall, i'm fairly sure its a old .22 case that richocheted off the windscreen one time and fell into the cowl, i've had the cowl off before but theres a few cut outs for what i assume is drainage, do any of you guys know if theres any space beteeen the dash side and engine side of the firewall? 50/50 going fishing or just leaving it be

Sent from my SM-G920I using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

sounds like something may have fallen into the vents for the defroster. but it is also possible that a pen or something fell in behind the dash and is rattling in there.i could easily be wrong but it is something to consider.

Austac

Yeah for sure mate thanks for the reply, haven't been able to isolate it firewall or dash, is there a common spot that stuff falls into or is it considered a black hole?

Draconianwinter

Yeah for sure mate thanks for the reply, haven't been able to isolate it firewall or dash, is there a common spot that stuff falls into or is it considered a black hole?

I know people like me are always setting things on the dash like pens and such well the dash does not sit directly against the wall of the jeep under the windshield so there is a tiny gap there on the jk and a pen will fall right through it and be hung up on the inside of the dash. and of coarse the small vent holes for the defroster will allow for small objects like .22 cal. casings to fall into the air duct

Austac

Mine seems to have a little rubber bit to fill that hole on the newer interior 2011, but hey anythings possible, the .22 case is just something i remember from a while ago, it may just end up being one of the jeeps noises

Austac

Anyone have any ideas on how to isolate cabin to cowl? Was thinking of taking off the cowl and sticking my phone on video and going for a drive to replicate

JKbrick

My son borrowed my last truck and set a bunch of crap on the dash and a coin got somewhere and would roll back and forth while turning. I drive a lot at work and it drove me f'ing crazy. I couldn't see spending $900 to pull the dash and being 11 years old it made business sense to trade it eventually. Finally did and it's been so nice

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

baileyj

Its a two way black hole back there, I've lost stuff back there, and 6 months after I bought my jeep (used), a flashlight fell out from behind the dash, it's like my jeep gave me a present.:D

Austac

So took the cowl off and theres nothing in the water channel below all the wiper motors, going to collect some tools from work tomorrow and tackle the top bit of the dash on the weekend, it sounds like its right there infront of me like something is rolling around, almost like i could just pick it up!

Top Bottom