Fluid for psc hydro assist

deadguy

I'm about to install a new psc assist kit in the next few weekends and I was wondering what you guys have been running for PS fluid. I haven't purchased anything yet. Also does anybody have a close guess on how much the full system can hold ( inline cooler as well) so I can get the right amount of fluid the first time. Thanks in advance

Get Swepco fluid. You can find it on the PSC website. Once you get the exact name and brand, look for it on ebay or amazon...I got a box of 6 cartons for pretty cheap and just have them stored for future use.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been using Orielly's brand bulk power steering fluid since 2014 without issue.

I've noticed a leak in the cooler fins so i'll likely switch to swepco when I replace the cooler. I also feel the fluid may be due for a change, have notice a slight hesitation but it may be caused by the leaking cooler.

I think as long as you use power steering fluid you'll be ok based on my previous conversations with PSC - this was before they started selling swepco.

Do not use transmission fluid or it will void the PSC warranty.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
X3 on the Swepco 715. I ordered mine from Summit. Bout $9 per 32oz bottle& free shipping

Last edited:
Fluid

Glad to see swepco being number 1 choice. I do have a number 2 choice when you get in a pinch or simply just don't want to pay shipping. GM/AC Delco Power Steering Fluid P/N 89021182 is just if not equal in performance.

PSCJEFF :beer:

deadguy

Just ordered 4 qts of 715 from summit. Came out to 8.95 a quart but unfortunately no free shipping. Thanks again guys

Top Bottom