about to turn 137k

spookyg00k

i have an 07 JKU (3.8) , anyone else still kicking around with these old beaters? would like to see what are the issues people run into with higher mileages

my jeep runs like a champ so far, and ive been fanatic on maintenance, previous owner wasn't so much beyond engine

Last edited:

DiggerJKU

I have an 08 with almost 170k and it's been a champ. Just noticed a radiator leak though but first issue in awhile. Just keep doing preventative maintenance and it'll keep truckin, or so I think

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

07 with 154k. Like DiggerJKU said I just maintain the crap out of it. I have plans for it to be running for many many years to come.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

calgaryjeep

I've got an '08 with 121,000 kilometres (75,186 miles).

Haven't had to do anything but brakes, tires and oil changes yet. I'm putting in new springs, shocks and checking all the steering components but it's been really reliable. Bought it at 80,000 kilometres (49,709 miles) about four years ago.

jeeeep

Hooked
2010, 37s 140300 miles

I had the rear main seal replaced but not real sure that it needed it. Transmission cooler lines on recall. That's about it. I do regular oil changes and flush the transmission every year sometimes more often depending on how hard I've been running it

tdougherty81

Recently traded my 08 in with 140K. It did develop some issues like leaking oil, trans fluid and some sort of electrical issue.

spookyg00k

the numbers are looking good, i wonder who has the highest mileage recorded on these engines. currently mine is a daily... ill pickup another beater soon

but the idea is to get an LS swap via MoTech and other body/suspension work. I'm hoping it'll last another year with no issues. probably need to check the lifters but the heavier oil seems to have made the engine run smoother and more quietly

still a slow pig but i do get the tires spinning at times.

DKjeep

Mine had 111k on it when I yanked it for an LS swap. It still ran excellent and I sold it to a guy who needed a replacement motor and it's still runs good for him.

I also beat the shit out of it with a prodigy turbo kit for a while as well and it never skipped a beat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom