Death wobble

lesterjanpearson

A friend of mine sent this vid. He said until now the local jeep hasnt figured out the problem. just wanted to share this.

This is a Rubicon. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Have him check all front end bushings, ball joints, track bar/ track bar brackets, tie rod ends, and drag link. Torque everything to spec. Easy to eyeball for slop in the track bar if someone rocks the wheel back and forth while you watch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

lesterjanpearson

A little bit weird, they were going really slow. and I ran around 100-160kph and hit potholes, never happend to me, Thank God.

kinda giving jeeps a bad name with the issue and the local dealership not able to fix it.

I told him to bring it to an aftermarket shop and install aftermarket steering stabilizers. just suggestion.

jeeeep

Hooked
A little bit weird, they were going really slow. and I ran around 100-160kph and hit potholes, never happend to me, Thank God.

kinda giving jeeps a bad name with the issue and the local dealership not able to fix it.

I told him to bring it to an aftermarket shop and install aftermarket steering stabilizers. just suggestion.
A lot of aftermarket shops won't cure death wobble because they're just interested in selling you more stuff. so what they end up doing is telling you to replace everything and still not fix it, all it does is apply a costly Band-Aid
Telling him to get aftermarket steering stabilizers is really bad advice that doesn't fix anything

lesterjanpearson

A lot of aftermarket shops won't cure death wobble because they're just interested in selling you more stuff. so what they end up doing is telling you to replace everything and still not fix it, all it does is apply a costly Band-Aid
Telling him to get aftermarket steering stabilizers is really bad advice that doesn't fix anything

I understand that. But this shop is different. They tend to prefer performance than looks. They even do my maintenance for cheap. Because the jeep dealership charges me PHP20,000 service charge. Around USD200. They just charge me PHP500, USD10. Only setback of my friend is he needs to ship it to our city by boat.

Top Bottom