Torn between 2 tires, feeling like a fool

lesterjanpearson

Nitto Trail vs Nitto Mud. I can only choose 1. I actually ran both of them on my pickup truck before. Mud has never failed me going to the farm and muddy roads. potholes are non existent. also such a head turner.
Setback is, too loud. looses too much power. annoying ride on pavement. tends to waste rubber in the city. cant say much about trails. because I used it for only a few days, then switched to mud. for no reason.

Both are 35s on 20x12 -44 rims.

auwwfhgnxrratdf0ckqt.png 18bfhqg7nh45q1mgxqj8.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love my mud grapplers. I do agree you do lose some power with them due to the extra amount of rolling resistance. The tires are amazing off road in my opinion and haven't kept me from getting over something as they bite really well.

Dopey84

Trail grapplers are a all around good tire but I want slightly more aggressive look to

Dopey

Lil Nasty

Trail grapplers are a all around good tire but I want slightly more aggressive look to

Dopey

The trail grapplers are way more aggressive than the ridge grapplers. Are you sure your not thinking of the terragrapplers? Trail's are closer to the Stt pro's and I say probably a little quieter and longer lasting but not as grippy. Just a guess from the reviews I've seen.

Op I vote trail grapplers. I'm all for looks but there is a line and road noise is it for me. I'm running the open country mt's and couldn't be happier. Good looking, dependable, and quiet. That's what I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

scull20

Another vote for muds. The sound doesn't bother me. Great trail performance. No complaints on the road thus far either.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Another vote for muds. The sound doesn't bother me. Great trail performance. No complaints on the road thus far either.

I agree. Love my mud grapplers. Great traction on rocks and trails in general. If you do get into mud they will get you out. Not for everyone but when these wear out I will replace them with more muds. With 5 tire rotation they seem to be wearing well. Wet road traction is excellent.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Not yet available, was looking at exo also.

I have been running the 35' EXOs for the past two years. I have no complaints. Fairly low road noise wise and they have done well in all terrains for me on and off the road. They do very well in the mud.

I ran the Nitto Terra Grapplers before that for about a year and they were a good tire too. No road noise, descent on most trails. They were a big upgrade over my stock Rubi tires.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Clutch

Caught the Bug
The trail grapplers are way more aggressive than the ridge grapplers. Are you sure your not thinking of the terragrapplers? Trail's are closer to the Stt pro's and I say probably a little quieter and longer lasting but not as grippy. Just a guess from the reviews I've seen.

Op I vote trail grapplers. I'm all for looks but there is a line and road noise is it for me. I'm running the open country mt's and couldn't be happier. Good looking, dependable, and quiet. That's what I really like.

I have the trail grapplers and they are quieter and smoother the faster you drive. They rumbler a little when taking off. I was driving behind a truck last week that had toyo mt's and those sum bitches were loud! So, I'm not sure if I agree with your last comment, but I heard they wear like iron.

I'd vote for Trail Grapplers, STTPros, or if you wnant a little less mud terrain, the Toyo RT's
Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

I have the trail grapplers and they are quieter and smoother the faster you drive. They rumbler a little when taking off. I was driving behind a truck last week that had toyo mt's and those sum bitches were loud! So, I'm not sure if I agree with your last comment, but I heard they wear like iron.

I'd vote for Trail Grapplers, STTPros, or if you wnant a little less mud terrain, the Toyo RT's
Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well that could have been scalloped tires. But I'll admit they do get a bit louder with wear. The Toyo's are one of the quietest mt's I've run.

Top Bottom