Help! PR60 install

Mtb275

I don't like how the rear trac bar mount is hitting the rear coil spring. The trac bar bolt hits the spring. This doesn't seem correct.

I'm in the middle of the install.

View attachment 237753
IMG_1987.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1984.JPG

I would have to compress the spring some how, just to get the nut on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Is that bracket welded on by Dynatrac or is it a track bar bracket from your lift kit? I don't think it should be centered (in line) with the spring perch and if im wrong, the bracket is just way too close.

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Total stab in the dark; is the spring oriented correctly? It looks like if you rotate the spring 180 degrees & the bolt it might clear.

Sent from my duck blind.

Jkratt

I agree with ScoobyCarolanNC but my question is, won't the bolt interfere with the spring at full compression?

love2wheel

That looks like a relocation bracket. My lift came with a similar style bracket. I had to flip the bolt around. I don't recall it being that close to the spring though.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
That just doesn't look right.

JeepAholic

Photos are deceptive, but in looking at your axle angle it doesn't look like it is sitting forward enough. I know it is in the air but would it rotate forward when on the ground with control arms and pinion set?

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Seems the bolt center even on a raised bracket should be to the outside of the spring perch. This looks like it's near centered on the perch.

Mtb275

Total stab in the dark; is the spring oriented correctly? It looks like if you rotate the spring 180 degrees & the bolt it might clear.

Sent from my duck blind.
It won't rotate, the bracket won't allow it.
I agree with ScoobyCarolanNC but my question is, won't the bolt interfere with the spring at full compression?
It interferes at no compression[emoji853]
That just doesn't look right.

No it doesn't.

I need to drive it tomorrow, so I temporarily hooked the trac bar to the outside. I got a feeling I'm going to need to cut that bracket off and weld on another one. I'll see what Dynatrac says.

Image1483927436.538543.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Well that will solve the problem temporarily.

JKbrick

It won't rotate, the bracket won't allow it.

It interferes at no compression[emoji853]

No it doesn't.

I need to drive it tomorrow, so I temporarily hooked the trac bar to the outside. I got a feeling I'm going to need to cut that bracket off and weld on another one. I'll see what Dynatrac says.

View attachment 237796

They make spring relocation brackets, I don't recall the part number but JKS makes one you cut the factory one off and set your pinion angle then put the new ones on so your spring is level

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

I don't like how the rear trac bar mount is hitting the rear coil spring. The trac bar bolt hits the spring. This doesn't seem correct.

I'm in the middle of the install.

View attachment 237753
View attachment 237754 View attachment 237755 View attachment 237756 View attachment 237757

I would have to compress the spring some how, just to get the nut on.

Looks to me like your pinion angle is too steep and the axle assembly needs to be rotated down or to the left in the photo which makes both your spring and the track bar bracket vertical.

Mtb275

They make spring relocation brackets, I don't recall the part number but JKS makes one you cut the factory one off and set your pinion angle then put the new ones on so your spring is level

Not sure if they have one for the PR60. Even though, I would prefer to cut off Trac bar mount and weld a new one on.
Looks to me like your pinion angle is too steep and the axle assembly needs to be rotated down or to the left in the photo which makes both your spring and the track bar bracket vertical.

I check pinion angle tomorrow, but I thought I was in a straight line. It drove well and I did not get any vibration. I will double check.
Turn the bolt around and turn your spring. Rear springs aren't indexed like the front so you can turn them. You still might hit at full compression.

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app
I tried this. It gets worse as you rotate it. Hard to explain but the bottom of the coil has a flat spot, to do this, the run the coil side by side. It just so happens that part is what binds at the clamp when rotated.

Thanks everyone, I'll call dynatrac and talk with them. I will update when I figure out the solution.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug

The angle does not look too off if not off at all. However, even if it is off, rotating the axle down will only amplify his current problem.

Top Bottom