Winch paint

desertrunner

So I scored a sweet deal on a warn PowerPlant on CL I'm gonna be installing it here soon but some of the paint is chipping off. I'm wondering if it is worth it to try to touch up the paint before installing it or if leaving it the way it is will be fine? I am going to be moving to Montana here in a few months and my jeep will most likely not get to be garaged so I'm a little worried about it rusting. What would you do? Leave it and just install it or pick off the chipping paint and attempt to do some touch up paint?

20170108_194417.jpg
20170108_194458.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So I scored a sweet deal on a warn PowerPlant on CL I'm gonna be installing it here soon but some of the paint is chipping off. I'm wondering if it is worth it to try to touch up the paint before installing it or if leaving it the way it is will be fine? I am going to be moving to Montana here in a few months and my jeep will most likely not get to be garaged so I'm a little worried about it rusting. What would you do? Leave it and just install it or pick off the chipping paint and attempt to do some touch up paint?

View attachment 237809
View attachment 237810

Paint it. Wrap up the parts you don't want painted in aluminum foil and then spray it.

desertrunner

I agree. Paint it. Could even do a different color over the whole thing if you wanted. Match your Jeep perhaps?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769
Haha well my jeep is already pretty bright I think I'll stick with black. I can't imagine what a gecko green winch would look like haha.

Cool yeah I'll probably pick off the rest that is chipping sand it up a bit and just use the rustoleum flat black I have

Top Bottom