141 MPG air powered car by 2016

Lpaine2005

I have seen some pretty interesting stuff about a MYT engine or motor. Just google it or search for it on YouTube.

StrizzyChris

I have seen some pretty interesting stuff about a MYT engine or motor. Just google it or search for it on YouTube.

It is pretty impressive design and concept....except its been around since about 2005 and still no applications yet? Wonder what the problems are?

Lpaine2005

I work in the oil field and I know they would not let it happen! Nor do I want it to as for job security! Lol it has been around for a while. I just found it interesting how the so called cylinders worked.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

I never believed in the whole conspiracy thing until I read about the Tucker car and how the big car companies had the US Senate shut the car down. Lots if other countries have has alternate energy vehicles for a long time. India has had selectable petrol/natural gas vehicles since the late 90's.

Sad to see great technology suppressed in order to maintain a multibillion dollar industry.

StrizzyChris

I just wanted to bump this thread with a little bit of an update. It sounds more likely for a 2019 or '20 release date IF the production capabilities are there by then.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Maybe there was a time when big oil could prevent new alternative technologies from hitting the market, but that time has passed.

Last edited:
One thing I don't like about hybrids in general is they really only move the pollution away from the vehicle. For an electric car, there are batteries and the electric has to be produced. For this, the nitrogen had to be compressed. Converting any energy from one form to another has losses, but confessing air is far more inefficient than converting electric.

I'd love to so the total carbon footprint of 100 miles compared between a normal gasoline engine car, an electric hybrid, and this air thing... I bet once everything is accounted for, there isn't as much a difference as the tree huggers think. (Likely goes the other way)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, I did a little reading this morning and it turns out I have to eat my words A BIT....

phteven - Google Chrome_2014-08-27_11-43-10.jpg

The secret to whether my earlier point is valid or not seems to come back to how the energy was derived (for electric hybrids anyway). If the electric used to power an electric car or hybrid was derived from a coal power plant then the sad truth is that car has a larger carbon footprint than a normal combustion engine vehicle. If the same electric was generated by a natural gas plant, the carbon footprint appears to be drastically lower. :crazyeyes:

It seems I failed to account for the fact that even today's combustion engines are far from efficient, and with improvements in electric energy generation the losses in conversion and storage are not as significant as I thought.

But this thread is about a compressed air hybrid.... I'm not sure but I think my point may still be valid here. Compressed air generation has similar efficiencies to a combustion engine, and with the added energy conversions (and losses associated with it), I can't imagine this car has a smaller carbon footprint. Does it use less gas, Yes. Is it better for the environment, well I don't know but I doubt it.:brows:

StrizzyChris

I bet once everything is accounted for, there isn't as much a difference as the tree huggers think. (Likely goes the other way)

I only give a shit about the trees that make the green in my wallet and how to keep THOSE trees in existence as long as possible. Bring gas prices back below $2/gal and you'll never hear a word from me again!

jesse3638

Hooked
I've always been curious about "Renewable" Energy. I mean large wind mills need petroleum products to be produced and maintained. Is that trumped by the electricity the generate? Same goes for solar weather it be photovoltaic or refraction. The big thing I laugh at is diesel (Ridge or Tig will chime in I'm sure..;)) and the use of DPF systems. Case in point, How is a new International 7400 series Maxforce 9 that now gets 1.5-3 MPG's cleaner than an old 4800 series that gets 7-9 MPG's. Yes the air may be cleaner but now the refineries are going to start working overtime to produce more diesel fuel. What comes with this, more emmissions.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom