What drag link flip kit?

bapicella

Been doing some research today on drag link flip kits. I have seen threads on the evo, synergy, and jks kits. What are you guys running or recommend?

Edit: I see threads on the install, looking for recommendations, if there is a recent thread out there please link it!

tdougherty81

Been doing some research today on drag link flip kits. I have seen threads on the evo, synergy, and jks kits. What are you guys running or recommend?

Edit: I see threads on the install, looking for recommendations, if there is a recent thread out there please link it!
I would recommend the JKS Draglink Flip. I just installed it this weekend. I had the Synergy on my old Jeep, I didn't like the way it flops around. What I did like about the JKS is comes with the 7/8 step bit and it cuts like going through butter. Also the insert is knurled and fits tightly.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. In my opinion tho I would look at the evo first over the other two. Very solid setup and super easy to install and gets the job done.

WJCO

Meme King
Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. In my opinion tho I would look at the evo first over the other two. Very solid setup and super easy to install and gets the job done.

^Yep. Geometry is geometry, all kits should be fine as long as decent steel is used for the drag link itself. I did it during my axle swap and am very pleased, very happy I did it, Jeep drives way better.

GraniteCrystal

Seems like lots of guys have trouble or questions with the Evo one. I did JKS and had no issues. And it's nice they include the step bit in the kit as mentioned.

tdougherty81

Seems like lots of guys have trouble or questions with the Evo one. I did JKS and had no issues. And it's nice they include the step bit in the kit as mentioned.

I personally haven't ran the EVO one but helped install one. We had some issues with it but that might be more because it was 2nd hand.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Whatever kit you decide to go with, I would HIGHLY recommend having it burned on after installing it. This will help prevent the need to check the bolts on it which can be a pain and failure to do so can lead to a failure.

Andy5160

Hooked

Second that motion works for me and it was so easy to install.

PHX JK

Ordered Currie Currectlync Steering with Flipped Drag Link

Gonna Install the Currie Currectlync Steering with Flipped Drag Link and a Synergy Raised Track Bar Bracket (Weld On ) Style.
Its gonna be used with the EVO 4 in Enforcer and 35in tires. The Track Bar Bracket Came Yesterday and the Enforcer and Currie Steering are
due to arrive today. I will post it up gotta get all the welding done to the front axle while I'm installing the rest of the lift.
I like the Synergy Front track bar bracket because its a solid weld on one piece design that looks to be 3 times as thick as the wimpy
track bar bracket.

PHX JK

Irwin Step Bit

I would recommend the JKS Draglink Flip. I just installed it this weekend. I had the Synergy on my old Jeep, I didn't like the way it flops around. What I did like about the JKS is comes with the 7/8 step bit and it cuts like going through butter. Also the insert is knurled and fits tightly.

The Synergy kit looks real good. My Currie Steering came in today from Brown Santa
I do have a 7/8 Irwin step bit in my tool box at work, to you think It would be a suitable bit to drill my right knuckle? The Currie Instructions call
for a 7/8 hole. I bought this bit 10 years ago to drill holes in Mercedes Trunk Lids to install Satellite Radio. I never thought to try to drill something
thick like a Steering Knuckle.
PHX

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I have the Synergy but I have the Prorock 44. Didn't even think about that being problem but the axle tubes are bigger. I'm a decent fabricator so I ground the arches bigger until they were a tight fit, it is now a weld in system. So it does matter which axle you have so you can match it properly. The only issue I see with the EVO is that is still a stock albeit a reversed draglink. However, if stock has worked before I don't see why it wouldn't again. The actual bracket seems plenty strong. I think if I was on 3-4 inches or so and no bigger than 35's I'd go EVO. Not to say it can't handle more, I'd probably just unduly worry and I tend to overbuild for my purposes.

J

JKDream

I have the Synergy but I have the Prorock 44. Didn't even think about that being problem but the axle tubes are bigger. I'm a decent fabricator so I ground the arches bigger until they were a tight fit, it is now a weld in system. So it does matter which axle you have so you can match it properly. The only issue I see with the EVO is that is still a stock albeit a reversed draglink. However, if stock has worked before I don't see why it wouldn't again. The actual bracket seems plenty strong. I think if I was on 3-4 inches or so and no bigger than 35's I'd go EVO. Not to say it can't handle more, I'd probably just unduly worry and I tend to overbuild for my purposes.
The only​ "issue" with the stock draglink that EVO uses arises if you are running large (37+) inch tires and not using hydro assist. It will bend, and constantly be changing your steering wheel position when wheeling from the amount of force applied by the tires. In reality, in order to need a draglink flip, you should have enough lift to be running that large of a tire anyway - and you should also be running hydro for those tires; which will remove the load off the draglink negating the need for anything stronger.

In my opinion, chromo draglinks etc are more of a gimmick. If you aren't running hydro, do you really want the draglink ripping off your steering box instead of bending?

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The only​ "issue" with the stock draglink that EVO uses arises if you are running large (37+) inch tires and not using hydro assist. It will bend, and constantly be changing your steering wheel position when wheeling from the amount of force applied by the tires. In reality, in order to need a draglink flip, you should have enough lift to be running that large of a tire anyway - and you should also be running hydro for those tires; which will remove the load off the draglink negating the need for anything stronger.

In my opinion, chromo draglinks etc are more of a gimmick. If you aren't running hydro, do you really want the draglink ripping off your steering box instead of bending?

From what I've seen, Chromo draglinks aren't a gimmick, and they are better for not running Hydro when going with the PSC big bore XD. That's what I'm going to do and I believe it'll handle the 37's just fine. Leverage on a stock box, yeah, that could be a problem in heavy wheeling. I also agree with the point that running the EVO flip with a hydro takes much of the stress off of it and should never be a problem.

Top Bottom