Rough Country 2.5"

texasdave

Anyone running a Rough Country 2.5" lift with springs and shocks??? Planning on installing one on Monday.... Wanted any opinions y'all may have.:pop2:

JKBANDIT55

Anyone running a Rough Country 2.5" lift with springs and shocks??? Planning on installing one on Monday.... Wanted any opinions y'all may have.:pop2:

I have been running it for about 8 months now. Rides great, havent had one problem with it. It has great flex, and have not one bad thing to say about it.

texasdave

Very cool. I heard that the older springs would sag, no problem there I assume?

Sent from my iPhone somewhere deep in the woods. Semper Fi!

JKBANDIT55

Very cool. I heard that the older springs would sag, no problem there I assume?

Sent from my iPhone somewhere deep in the woods. Semper Fi!

Yes the older springs do sag. I forgot to mention that I first purchased the lift from a local 4x4 shop. Installed it and noticed my rear was sagging. Called up RC and gave them the part number and they confirmed that I had installed the old springs. They sent me a new set of springs in 4 days with no cost to me and have had 0 sagging issues our other problems. They also called the shop I bought the first coils from and replaced all their coils as well.

With the 2.5" lift. My steering is perfect. No problems in needing an aftermarket track bar, and no need for any kind of relocation brackets. Ive put it through some pretty crazy terrain and it is holding up just fine.

8F0C0169-071D-4BDD-976A-A6E9C5F43598-2445-00000140BE2DC591.jpg

Last edited:

texasdave

Awesome! Great to hear. Now if I can get the shop to call me back and confirm the install date and time I'll be in business. :rock:

JKBANDIT55

Awesome! Great to hear. Now if I can get the shop to call me back and confirm the install date and time I'll be in business. :rock:

If you do plan on going bigger than 2.5" I would suggest a few other lifts like RK, Teraflex, and EVO, as they will give you a much more complete lift.

good luck

Top Bottom