FCA warranty regear???

10abadilla/jk

20170108_111548.jpg
So we can see the ring has some grooves or chipping. Like WJCO said the pinion may have a chip on it causing the similar grooves on each tooth of the ring. I obviously want to regear from the 3.21s I have. I have called the dealer and am waiting on a call back because my jeep is still under warranty. All that being said I'm hoping they can warranty some part of the work and regear for me to 4.10 that way they don't have to change the d30 carrier. Has anyone experienced something similar. Thank you all again.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Ok thank you guys. I'm pretty positive they will only warranty for 3.21 if they warranty it at all. I need to regear asap. Towing a horse trailer on 35s and 3.21s sucks. Is there a recommended carrier? I know when buying ring and pinion get the cheaper one because they seem to all be made in Korea. Are the carriers the same?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok thank you guys. I'm pretty positive they will only warranty for 3.21 if they warranty it at all. I need to regear asap. Towing a horse trailer on 35s and 3.21s sucks. Is there a recommended carrier? I know when buying ring and pinion get the cheaper one because they seem to all be made in Korea. Are the carriers the same?

I would think that you could get one made by Spicer but I know people have been buying Yukon ones without any problems. Should only cost about $95.

BobNH

Costs more, but if you are changing the carrier anyway, why not replace it with a trutrac? I assume thats an option for jk, havent bothered to check, but around $500 each end for my TJ and worth every cent.

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 237917
So we can see the ring has some grooves or chipping. Like WJCO said the pinion may have a chip on it causing the similar grooves on each tooth of the ring. I obviously want to regear from the 3.21s I have. I have called the dealer and am waiting on a call back because my jeep is still under warranty. All that being said I'm hoping they can warranty some part of the work and regear for me to 4.10 that way they don't have to change the d30 carrier. Has anyone experienced something similar. Thank you all again.

while that looks bad, it's not uncommon and you may be told it's within specs. I've seen worse and as long as it wasn't causing any issues they left it alone.

Good luck to you, hopefully they'll do something for you.

10abadilla/jk

while that looks bad, it's not uncommon and you may be told it's within specs. I've seen worse and as long as it wasn't causing any issues they left it alone.

Good luck to you, hopefully they'll do something for you.
That's good to hear in a sense but still leaves me a bit uneasy. I have yet to receive a call from the dealer. And I'm pretty positive I'm just going to end up paying for a full regear. Does anyone have a recommended shop here in the Socal area?

Top Bottom