Warn install on Smitty Gen2 XRC

JKrob15

I am running into fitment issues when installing the Warn 10s on my Smitty Gen 2XRC front bumper. It seems to rub on the passenger side frame rail 'bumper mount' plate and then the driver side vacuum pump bracket. Even if I cut the passenger side bumper mount, I feel like it would still run into the bumper mount bolts. Are there spacers that you can run between the bumper and the winch that can help give me the added 1/4 to 1/2 inch lift to clear all of these obstacles?

Thanks,

Riflefan

When I installed that winch on in my 10a bumper, the kit came with a bracket to relocate the vacuum pump. Sounds like you might need to do the same.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am running into fitment issues when installing the Warn 10s on my Smitty Gen 2XRC front bumper. It seems to rub on the passenger side frame rail 'bumper mount' plate and then the driver side vacuum pump bracket. Even if I cut the passenger side bumper mount, I feel like it would still run into the bumper mount bolts. Are there spacers that you can run between the bumper and the winch that can help give me the added 1/4 to 1/2 inch lift to clear all of these obstacles?

Thanks,

Sounds like the vac pump will need to be relocated no matter what. If you're referring to the lip of the bumper mount on the passenger side frame rail, that will probably need to be trimmed as well. Assuming the bolts are coming through the mount, you could probably space them out a bit with some washers to give you the clearance you need. Of course, without seeing this in person, I can only go off of what I can imagine you're up against.

USMC Wrangler

Although I don't have the same bumper, I did recently install the same winch. I did have to add 1/4" spacers between the bumper and frame rail, shorten one of my bumper mounting bolts (top, inner pass side), relocate the vac pump and trim the inner, top part of the frame rails.

Drivers side

IMG_2350.jpg

Pass side

IMG_2352.jpg

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

JKrob15

Thanks for the help everyone. I relocated the vacuum pump so I'll get to cutting the original bracket and trimming the bumper mount brackets like marked in your picture. Just thinking about taking that bumper back off... won't be doing leg day that day. :rock: O well, gives me an excuse to clean up the front and paint some parts.

Top Bottom