Pretty bad shake between 38 and 45 mph

OhNoTheJiggies

So my steering wheel shakes pretty dang bad at 38-45 mph. I know it could be a bunch of things, but I'm trying to see if anyone had a very similar issue and found a remedy.

Doesn't matter if I stay at the speed or just accelerating to a higher speed, it still comes and stays throughout that range.

I have a 3.5" Rock Kraemer lift with just the front LCAs installed right now along with 3/4" spring spacers. Fox non res shocks, Adams 1310 front driveshaft with a yoke on the pinion in place of the flange, I run 37" stt pros on an 18" beadlock wheel.
Steering wheel is centered post lift install.
It's a 2013 JKUR auto.

I hope that's enough info for some assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Honestly I would rotate tires front to rear and just see if there's a change of any type. That at least pulls tires out of the equation. Did you do anything to the Jeep recently before this started?

J

JKDream

Honestly I would rotate tires front to rear and just see if there's a change of any type. That at least pulls tires out of the equation. Did you do anything to the Jeep recently before this started?

I agree. It sounds like a balancing issue to be honest. I get this alot with my MTRs.

bapicella

Not sure if it's related but I had bad shakes between 75-80 and only at those speeds. Had my tires rebalanced a handful of times. Turned out to be driveline vibe from my rear pinion angle being off by just enough. My steering wheel would shake obnoxiously. A fast and free check would be to toss a set of your buddy's tires on and take it for a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, a speed related shake or shimmy in the steering wheel is almost always a balancing issue.

bill32

I had this same issue when I went to Trail Ready Beadlocks. I found out it was the brake rotor retaining clips that had not been removed, two each on the front wheels and four on the rears.

tgoss

I had the same thing going on, rebalanced, did everything I could with my tires and wheels but it was stagnant.

Finally swapped out my ball joints and unit bearings up front and everything disappeared.

Start with the tire balancing first as that's the easiest cheapest thing to rectify then move on from there.

Top Bottom