Dynatrac swap

16jku1231

Are there any other mods that need to be done when swapping out for dynatrac axles on a jku? Getting ready to make my jeep a JEEP! but I'm trying to make sure I have my budget numbers correct and there aren't any hidden costs I don't know about. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Are there any other mods that need to be done when swapping out for dynatrac axles on a jku? Getting ready to make my jeep a JEEP! but I'm trying to make sure I have my budget numbers correct and there aren't any hidden costs I don't know about. Thanks!

Depends what you are replacing your stock axles with.
A Prorock 44 isn't going to have any hidden costs besides the initial spend for the axle, it's a direct drop in.
A Prorock 60 has some minor details you need to be aware of such as the wheel pattern etc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you're getting a PR60,or 80 you will need to get a new drive shaft or if you already have an aftermarket shaft, you will need to have it shortened. If you're getting a complete PR44, you should be able to just bolt it up and go. If you have a Rubicon 44 and are swapping the internals from it, you should actually be out to save quite a bit of money.

A Prorock 44 isn't going to have any hidden costs besides the initial spend for the axle, it's a direct drop in.
A Prorock 60 has some minor details you need to be aware of such as the wheel pattern etc.

Yup, with 60's, you'll be looking at getting a new set of wheels.

16jku1231

Yes, thank you. I am aware of the wheel pattern and have already gotten that one worked out. Thanks for the heads up though

WJCO

Meme King
If you are getting both axles, and running big tires, might as well have them throw on the ProGrip brake kit. Not required obviously, but a nice mod to add on.

16jku1231

If you're getting a PR60,or 80 you will need to get a new drive shaft or if you already have an aftermarket shaft, you will need to have it shortened. If you're getting a complete PR44, you should be able to just bolt it up and go. If you have a Rubicon 44 and are swapping the internals from it, you should actually be out to save quite a bit of money.
Awesome! Thanks for the input. I figured I would need different driveshafts If I went with the 60s.

Ddays

Hooked
No real reason other than complete overkill to run full float 60's front and rear for 37's.

PR44 front and semifloat 60 rear would be a perfect set up for 37's.

It is until you bend a flange on your SF PR60 like I did. :icon_crazy:
You can get the new 60/60 package for about the same price I paid for my PR44/PR60 set a year & a half ago :mad:

tgoss

It is until you bend a flange on your SF PR60 like I did. :icon_crazy:
You can get the new 60/60 package for about the same price I paid for my PR44/PR60 set a year & a half ago :mad:

Heard that. Spent more on my 44/60 set up than the full float 60 package offered now. Crazy.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Don't mean to hi-jack, is it safe to run a pr44 in front and a stock jk44 in rear on 37's

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have been running that for a year with 8 or so excursions with no problems. Switching to an XD60 rear now but not because of problems with the d44 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom