Schaefer's synthetic

DIRTYHR

Hey guys I'm ready to change my oil and I'm switching to Schaffer's full synthetic and their numbers run different online 7000 9000 etc.. changed my oil my whole life but I haven't done it on the Jeep yet so... anybody use this oil and have info? I have a 2013 JKUR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Never heard of them. All I can tell you if that you run the OEM weight in the motor and your good to go

scull20

I believe the 2013+ JK's all take 5w-20...check your cap just to be sure.

I would also check that your oil of choice meets FCA's oil spec MS-6395 (check the fine print on the oil bottle). Most oils do...but for a while Mobile 1 did not (I believe this was a business decision based on them switching to Pennzoil for factory oil fills).

Don't want to give the dealership something to deny a warranty if they decide to start scrutinizing.

...I'm sure the chances are low, but for me, I'd rather not risk it.

DIRTYHR

I believe the 2013+ JK's all take 5w-20...check your cap just to be sure.

I would also check that your oil of choice meets FCA's oil spec MS-6395 (check the fine print on the oil bottle). Most oils do...but for a while Mobile 1 did not (I believe this was a business decision based on them switching to Pennzoil for factory oil fills).

Don't want to give the dealership something to deny a warranty if they decide to start scrutinizing.

...I'm sure the chances are low, but for me, I'd rather not risk it.
I ended up just going to napa just to make sure I got everything correct. Spendy stuff but, I know my girl will thank me in the long run.. Staffers offered my brother 7k for his 3500 diesel motor when it goes... they came to look at it and said it looks like it's at about 40k...It's not it's over 160k..sold me

I ended up just going to napa just to make sure I got everything correct. Spendy stuff but, I know my girl will thank me in the long run.. Staffers offered my brother 7k for his 3500 diesel motor when it goes... they came to look at it and said it looks like it's at about 40k...It's not it's over 160k..sold me

160k is low mileage for a diesel.

Top Bottom