Stinger measurements? Since someone backed into my jeep

Wethy

Hey all last week sometime somebody backed into the front of my jeep and bent the bull bar on my steel bumper. I was parked on the side of the road and I figure somebody tried back in and tried to park in front of me and accidentally bumped the front..... not happy about it but glad I had a steel bumper that's for sure.

But with the background out of the way I am considering grinding off the bull bar as it's slightly bent and welding some 1 3/4" .250 wall DOM in a stinger.

so I was wondering if anyone has a measurement for a stinger height and distance from where it's welded to the bumper so so I have a general idea what a decent height is and don't go too much ha ha.

Here's a picture so everyone can see!

IMG_5158.jpg

J

JKDream

Hey all last week sometime somebody backed into the front of my jeep and bent the bull bar on my steel bumper. I was parked on the side of the road and I figure somebody tried back in and tried to park in front of me and accidentally bumped the front..... not happy about it but glad I had a steel bumper that's for sure.

But with the background out of the way I am considering grinding off the bull bar as it's slightly bent and welding some 1 3/4" .250 wall DOM in a stinger.

so I was wondering if anyone has a measurement for a stinger height and distance from where it's welded to the bumper so so I have a general idea what a decent height is and don't go too much ha ha.

Here's a picture so everyone can see!

View attachment 238122

Do you have any other photos?
I'm curious how bent it is.
I smash my stinger off shit all the time (parking garage walls, tree's etc) and it hasn't bent.
They must have seriously backed into you lol

Wethy

Do you have any other photos?
I'm curious how bent it is.
I smash my stinger off shit all the time (parking garage walls, tree's etc) and it hasn't bent.
They must have seriously backed into you lol

I don't have anymore on my phone, but this bull bar is more for looks it was only 1/8th wall so i imagine it wouldn't have taken much the bumper itself is 1/4" steel and is fine. The bullbar is bent back about 1/2"-3/4" compared to the other side. And there's no gusset on the other side so I'm not surprised it bent at all

Top Bottom