Anyone tuning with HP Tuners yet?

5280Sapper

Hey fellas... Any of your guys tuning with HP Tuners yet..? I use it on my Zo6 but haven't on the Mopar platforms. Do you like it? Trying to decide if I should stay with a Mopar power plant on go to Chevy...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Hey fellas... Any of your guys tuning with HP Tuners yet..? I use it on my Zo6 but haven't on the Mopar platforms. Do you like it? Trying to decide if I should stay with a Mopar power plant on go to Chevy...

Not that I'm trying to discourage you from pursuing it, but most of us use the pre-loaded tunes. I've heard good things about HP tuners but if it were me, I'd probably take it to a qualified tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd like to use an HP tuner to fine tune my spark but haven't found anyone around me that does it and I haven't convinced myself that I need to invest in one :thinking:

Last edited:

5280Sapper

Not that I'm trying to discourage you from pursuing it, but most of us use the pre-loaded tunes. I've heard good things about HP tuners but if it were me, I'd probably take it to a qualified tuner.

I'll tune it myself.. I have and use it on my 09 Zo6 just haven't seen anyone use it on the jeep platform yet. I wouldn't ever recommend someone to buy a box tuner and rely on that to be a good choice.. and diablo is sub par compared to EFI Live and HP Tuners.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'll tune it myself.. I have and use it on my 09 Zo6 just haven't seen anyone use it on the jeep platform yet. I wouldn't ever recommend someone to buy a box tuner and rely on that to be a good choice.. and diablo is sub par compared to EFI Live and HP Tuners.

Were you planning on tuning on a dyno or the street? I for one would be curious to see the before and after charts if you go with the former.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't see it with Jeeps because unlike GM, Chrysler doesn't want you tampering with their computer.

5280Sapper

Were you planning on tuning on a dyno or the street? I for one would be curious to see the before and after charts if you go with the former.

I would put it on a dyno then the rest for drive ability and tcm changes would be logged and changed on the street.

5280Sapper

You don't see it with Jeeps because unlike GM, Chrysler doesn't want you tampering with their computer.

It's been available for all Mopar platforms for awhile now. Chrysler had a big change of heart because they were loosing so much because they locked pcms and the aftermarket was horrible and people were selling their LX platforms cars for GM simply because the lack of tuning.

JeepJeep75

It's been available for all Mopar platforms for awhile now. Chrysler had a big change of heart because they were loosing so much because they locked pcms and the aftermarket was horrible and people were selling their LX platforms cars for GM simply because the lack of tuning.

What about the encryption that happened on the 2015 and up jeeps?

JeepJeep75

But still not fixed. Requires decryption.

I'm looking at getting a programmer for my '15. Even after reading all that is available on this forum, I'm still not sure if ANYTHING will work on a MANUAL trans '15 or newer jeep aside from changing the tire size.

H8ROADS, what do you mean "requires decryption"? Is this to get into the engine management, or something simple like being able to turn the rear locker on in 2HI?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I'm looking at getting a programmer for my '15. Even after reading all that is available on this forum, I'm still not sure if ANYTHING will work on a MANUAL trans '15 or newer jeep aside from changing the tire size.

H8ROADS, what do you mean "requires decryption"? Is this to get into the engine management, or something simple like being able to turn the rear locker on in 2HI?

Engine tuning. Features arent locked in the ecm

bhaner

Old thread.

But curious who people are using for custom tunes.

I have a HP tuner and my 2016 ECM has been unlocked.

I just don't know enough about tuning to build my own tunes.

Bierpower

Hooked
Old thread.

But curious who people are using for custom tunes.

I have a HP tuner and my 2016 ECM has been unlocked.

I just don't know enough about tuning to build my own tunes.
I would call Exodus Jeeps and see if they can help or at least get you pointed in the right direction. They do lots of engine work but I think a lot of it is LS based.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom