Power plant install questions

desertrunner

So I started attempting to install my power plant into my 1/4 pounder tonight. I bought the winch used so I am kinda trying to piece together the puzzle of what is missing and what goes where.

First question is the compressor intake hose and filter. It looks like the previous owner just cut off his old filter line and gave me a new one? I'm assuming I need to just pull that piece of black hose off and replace it with the new hose and filter? Also where are you guys mounting the filter inside the engine bay on the 3.6?

20170110_195708.jpg
20170110_195755.jpg

Next question is I don't have any Fairlead bolts I'm sure I can just Google the size but would anyone know the size of the Fairlead bolts by any chance?

Also I know I have read a thread on this somewhere so I need to search harder but where the hell am I supposed to put the leads on the battery? haha I don't remember there being that many studs on my 08.

20170110_200110.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

HeyitsRay

Run the air breather up high into the engine bay, next to the battery works well. While you are running your positive up carefully look at any obstructions or sharp points or any possibility of getting next to the serpentine belt. Far drivers side terminal looks good for positive/red connection. Black/neg to black. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Run the air breather up high into the engine bay, next to the battery works well. While you are running your positive up carefully look at any obstructions or sharp points or any possibility of getting next to the serpentine belt. Far drivers side terminal looks good for positive/red connection. Black/neg to black. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Found the battery thread I was looking for and pulled this picture off of it.

tapatalk_1484106037624.jpeg

So looks like. Need to find a new nut to attach to the negative lead.

As far as the air filter line is that black line that's cut down to like 6" in my first pic where the new line is supposed to go? Common sense tells me yes but just wanna confirm before pulling it off.

desertrunner

Only thing I need to do now is figure out how to get that old cut piece of tube off which I guess I could just buy a plastic connector and connect the new line to it..... of course some how the clamp the guy used has the tightening screw on the other side and not accessible not sure how to go about getting it off without just cutting the clamp off with a dremmil.

Then buy 2 bolts for the Fairlead and get it all installed

WJCO

Meme King
As far as fairlead bolts, any bolt will do as long as you have a matching nut and the right length bolt. Get galvanized or stainless though. But if the bumper has threaded holes, I don't know the size. Ace hardware has buttloads of fasteners with pretty cap nuts.

desertrunner

As far as fairlead bolts, any bolt will do as long as you have a matching nut and the right length bolt. Get galvanized or stainless though. But if the bumper has threaded holes, I don't know the size. Ace hardware has buttloads of fasteners with pretty cap nuts.
Went with 7/16 x 1" bolts (for anyone looking for a size) and a nylock nut with washers on either side. I think I need a little bit longer of a bolt the threads sit flush right at the end of the nut but whatever that's a problem for another day haha it fits for now

20170111_162231.jpg

Top Bottom