JK loop to pin Steering Stabilizer?

Keithyellowjk

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I recently installed an Ultimate Dana 44 in my JKU. Before everyone chimes in on my selection of front axle, I know and wish I would have read all the fantastic info about what axle I should have gone with. I went from a Dana 30 to a 44 so I thought I was doing it right. From what I have read after the fact is that I should have gone with a Pro Rock. But anyways, this axle requires a "loop to pin" style steering stabilizer and I can not find one. This is probably a newbie question but where do I find one? I contacted Dana but didn't hear anything back. Is there an adapter for the loop to loop? Or where or who should I call to get me a steering stabilizer? Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I recently installed an Ultimate Dana 44 in my JKU. Before everyone chimes in on my selection of front axle, I know and wish I would have read all the fantastic info about what axle I should have gone with. I went from a Dana 30 to a 44 so I thought I was doing it right. From what I have read after the fact is that I should have gone with a Pro Rock. But anyways, this axle requires a "loop to pin" style steering stabilizer and I can not find one. This is probably a newbie question but where do I find one? I contacted Dana but didn't hear anything back. Is there an adapter for the loop to loop? Or where or who should I call to get me a steering stabilizer? Thanks everyone.

Do you have a photo?
I don't think I've heard of a loop to pin steering stabilizer.
Do you mean like a u-bolt type bracket for the tie rod?

WJCO

Meme King
Like a shock. This is from the video about the axle. View attachment 238213

Contact Rancho here, they may have something. If not, I would figure out a way to fabricate something. I had a custom ProRock built for my Jeep and had to do some custom work but still went with a traditional stabilizer. Do you have any pictures of your axle where that thing actually mounts at? On the pin side I mean?

Keithyellowjk

Contact Rancho here, they may have something. If not, I would figure out a way to fabricate something. I had a custom ProRock built for my Jeep and had to do some custom work but still went with a traditional stabilizer. Do you have any pictures of your axle where that thing actually mounts at? On the pin side I mean?

I could weld some type of bracket to make my SS work. But I will contact Rancho too. Here is a picture jeeep posted. IMG_4145.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
On my wife's Jeep, we got the Rancho relocation kit which actually uses an existing hole on the track bar bracket, and the stud that comes with the kit has a nut on it that spaces the stabilizer away from the track bar about .750. Very easy setup. (shitty picture)

IMG_20161103_151643_748.jpg

So when my axle came in, the stabilizer bracket was hitting my tie rod due to some custom stuff I did, so I did something similar to the Rancho kit by utilizing an existing hole on the track bar bracket and adding a spacer. I had to cut the original bracket off completely and just used a hole about an inch above where the bracket was. But yes, welding would work too.

DSC04659.jpg

Keithyellowjk

On my wife's Jeep, we got the Rancho relocation kit which actually uses an existing hole on the track bar bracket, and the stud that comes with the kit has a nut on it that spaces the stabilizer away from the track bar about .750. Very easy setup. (shitty picture)

View attachment 238221

So when my axle came in, the stabilizer bracket was hitting my tie rod due to some custom stuff I did, so I did something similar to the Rancho kit by utilizing an existing hole on the track bar bracket and adding a spacer. I had to cut the original bracket off completely and just used a hole about an inch above where the bracket was. But yes, welding would work too.

View attachment 238222

Thank you[emoji1303]

giacomo.m

Hi all,
I too have the same mounting problem on ultimate D44
so I understand that there is no steering stabilizer for this front axle ?
thank you

Giacomo

Tsayta

Why not just cut oof the stupid inverted L bracket and use any aftermarket clamp on you like? Like the rough country dual?

Tsayta

Ya! But seriously, I ordered the dual stabilizer yesterday. I will just cut off the unused unnecessary tab. The track bar already has its dedicated mounting point, the stock stabilizer is in the hole below it. I have no idea why Dana made this additional tab. All emails to Dana Spicer went unanswered

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ya! But seriously, I ordered the dual stabilizer yesterday. I will just cut off the unused unnecessary tab. The track bar already has its dedicated mounting point, the stock stabilizer is in the hole below it. I have no idea why Dana made this additional tab. All emails to Dana Spicer went unanswered

You clearly have never owned a solid axle vehicle before have you.

Top Bottom