Rear seat question

ChiliDawg

This is a really basic question but I never did have a back seat in my Old CJ and I've had the back seat in my JK for all of about 3 days total since I've owned it - but are the rear mounts supposed to latch down? Or is the rear being able to lift up at any time without weight on it normal?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

There are two loops on the floor in mine and when I got it the front of the seat was on the wrong loop and made the back not latch, it was a bear getting the front off the wrong loop and then went right on the right loop

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

There are two loops on the floor in mine and when I got it the front of the seat was on the wrong loop and made the back not latch, it was a bear getting the front off the wrong loop and then went right on the right loop

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
^^^^ this, also, if the rear latch closed while not positioned over the rear loop, it's a bitch to get it opened again when it's not over the loop. Make sure the front clips are seated over the correct loops and that both clips in the rear are open before trying to flip the back of the seat up.

It's the raising of the seat back that closes the rear clips, so I found that it's easier to pull the base down and then pull the back up towards you to properly latch everything.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

^^^^ this, also, if the rear latch closed while not positioned over the rear loop, it's a bitch to get it opened again when it's not over the loop. Make sure the front clips are seated over the correct loops and that both clips in the rear are open before trying to flip the back of the seat up.

It's the raising of the seat back that closes the rear clips, so I found that it's easier to pull the base down and then pull the back up towards you to properly latch everything.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, I'll try to fiddle with it some more

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom