Counter-squat suggestions

ChiliDawg

So the first thing i did to my JK was add a Rubicon Express 2.5" coil lift (just springs, shocks and track bar bracket) and 35" tires. Looked fine at the time however once I added aftermarket bumpers, the rear seems to squat a little bit and it bugs me. So I'm thinking of doing something to raise it a little however I don't want to raise it so much that I need to replace control arms because that's why I chose a 2.5" kit to begin with. I'm thinking of going to 3" coils in the rear, maybe the evo springs that everyone here seems to like, I'm just kind of curious what the thinking is among the more experienced here about when control arms are going to become more necessity than optional. I think eventually I may go 3" all around, but I'm going to be working off the re-gear job for awhile so for now I just want to get the ass end up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you like the ride you have now, I might recommend that you just install 1" coil spacers in the rear and call it a day. Cheap and easy to install and it'll take care of things.

ChiliDawg

If you like the ride you have now, I might recommend that you just install 1" coil spacers in the rear and call it a day. Cheap and easy to install and it'll take care of things.

It's ok. I know there are better systems that will get me more flex and articulation and ride better but that's a project for later down the road. Maybe upgrade to an evo kit all around. I guess I could try the spacers though and if I don't like it I'm not out much $.

benatc1

Hooked
I agree with Eddie quick and simple but if you wanted to switch to the evo coils you'll end I put at about 4in, not including the Xtra weight. I'd say with that bumper you would be around 3in with those coils. as l long as you have a stock rear driveline I wouldn't think you'd need control arms but that height may prematurely wear out your stock drive line. you could always add rear upper arms but don't think it would be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's ok. I know there are better systems that will get me more flex and articulation and ride better but that's a project for later down the road. Maybe upgrade to an evo kit all around. I guess I could try the spacers though and if I don't like it I'm not out much $.

I agree with Eddie quick and simple but if you wanted to switch to the evo coils you'll end I put at about 4in, not including the Xtra weight. I'd say with that bumper you would be around 3in with those coils. as l long as you have a stock rear driveline I wouldn't think you'd need control arms but that height may prematurely wear out your stock drive line. you could always add rear upper arms but don't think it would be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Where's the up arrow? This..above.:) If you were to add a 3" coil it would probably raise it more than 3.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, thanks for the responses guys. Think I'll probably just start with the spacers and see what it does for me.

I just looked to see if I had a set but I apparently already gave them away. If I still had them, I would have just given them to you - sorry.

benatc1

Hooked
Haha, thanks for the responses guys. Think I'll probably just start with the spacers and see what it does for me.

let me look when i get home, i might actually have rear 1" spacers laying around. I went looking catahoula a little while back and now i cant remember what they were off the top of my head:thinking:

ChiliDawg

let me look when i get home, i might actually have rear 1" spacers laying around. I went looking catahoula a little while back and now i cant remember what they were off the top of my head:thinking:

Damn man, yah that'd be awesome if you found them. I'm gonna owe you a beer or two here soon.

Top Bottom