Rock krawler track bar

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Anyone know anything about this track bar?
My rubicon express bar is toast as of now and I'm supposed to be running recovery/chase for a race on Sunday. The only two track bars I can get are terashit(would never buy) and the rock krawler "bomb proof".

If anyone has any experience or knowledge on the rk please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I ran it and had no problems with it. But replaced it with a RHD one for a drag link flip.
Only problem I had with the RK stuff was their polyurethane bushings wearing out but pretty sure they did away with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is that after running a host of aftermarket track bars over the last 10 years, I decided to go back to factory on both my JK's and they are what I still run to this day.

WJCO

Meme King
Being that you're in a hurry, I would look on Craigslist and try to grab a local one temporarily.

Or find a machine shop that is open Tomorrow and clean or re-tap the threads.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Personally I think the RK track bar is a PITA with the double adjustable ends. It's annoying to get it to stay in the proper position while mounting it up and trying to tighten the jam nuts (and as I'm sure you know, you can't half ass tighten those down, they need to be he-man tight); unless you can rig it up to clock it right and get the jam nuts tight enough off the jeep. Which is actually ideal, since their is not much room to get a big wrench on the nuts once it's mounted; and one side or the other you can't really get to at all while mounted as it won't fully protrude past the bracket.

This, and all along while mounting it into position, the misalignment/heim joint spacers will keep falling out (mild nuisance, but just thought I'd throw that one out there too!); as well as the rubber washers/spacers they give you for the frame side (both sides are heim joints in their newer style bar; in the pictures it looks like one side is a rubber bushing, but it is not, it's just rubber washers/spacers).

I'm not a huge fan of the teraflex bar either, but if those were my only two choices, and I had absolutely no other options available, I'd personally go with the tera.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I ran the RK track bar in the front and rear for about 6 months then I went back to stock after the RK track bar mount in the front ripped off the front axel. I went back to the OEM track bars with EVO brackets. I've been using those for the last two years with no issues. The ride is better too due to the rubber bushings on each end of the track bar which help to dampen the vibrations from the road.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
All I can say is that after running a host of aftermarket track bars over the last 10 years, I decided to go back to factory on both my JK's and they are what I still run to this day.

This was something I thought about after posting this. I really would like to go back to stock for this particular part. The only other bar I could see myself going with would be synergy due to the clearance design how it curves forward instead of up.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Personally I think the RK track bar is a PITA with the double adjustable ends. It's annoying to get it to stay in the proper position while mounting it up and trying to tighten the jam nuts (and as I'm sure you know, you can't half ass tighten those down, they need to be he-man tight); unless you can rig it up to clock it right and get the jam nuts tight enough off the jeep. Which is actually ideal, since their is not much room to get a big wrench on the nuts once it's mounted; and one side or the other you can't really get to at all while mounted as it won't fully protrude past the bracket.

This, and all along while mounting it into position, the misalignment/heim joint spacers will keep falling out (mild nuisance, but just thought I'd throw that one out there too!); as well as the rubber washers/spacers they give you for the frame side (both sides are heim joints in their newer style bar; in the pictures it looks like one side is a rubber bushing, but it is not, it's just rubber washers/spacers).

I'm not a huge fan of the teraflex bar either, but if those were my only two choices, and I had absolutely no other options available, I'd personally go with the tera.

This is exactly my feeling on the RK front track bar. It's a solid piece all right, but in the install is a bitch. I'm doing a drag link flip soon, and I'll have to see if the RK bar will go short enough to work. If not, my semi-local fab shop has some OEM bars that he said I could have one for free if it's needed.

I have the terra flex rear bar, only because that's all they had in stock when I had my rear track bar bracket welded on (the OEM bar had the axle 3/4" off center) I'm not happy at all with how skimpy the threaded collar is on the adjustment. The only positive is that it's super easy to center the rear axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This was something I thought about after posting this. I really would like to go back to stock for this particular part. The only other bar I could see myself going with would be synergy due to the clearance design how it curves forward instead of up.

Assuming you no longer have your factory track bar, you can buy a NEW OE one made by Crown for $79. I'd even be willing to bet you could find one for free. I'm still running the one I got with my JK 10 years ago but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you like having name brand parts on your Jeep, what's $225 + shipping.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Assuming you no longer have your factory track bar, you can buy a NEW OE one made by Crown for $79. I'd even be willing to bet you could find one for free. I'm still running the one I got with my JK 10 years ago but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you like having name brand parts on your Jeep, what's $225 + shipping.

Lol oh I would love to run a synergy, but the idea of keeping my money or better yet spending it on another Jeep part sounds way better. I did find a free one this morning, just gotta pick it up when I make it to the city

Top Bottom