Lift question

Richbeast

Hey guys, it's been a while since I wrote anything. But I'm currently deploying and will be saving up to get a lift. I'm think something along the lines of a 2.5 lift or 3. I still have stock axels. My idea is to lift it and ride it till I need a new axel. I'm interested in a lift that comes with everything I need. I'll appreciate if you guys can give me some inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

I'm super happy with my EVO coilovers bolt on kit. The ride hight is adjustable and works great with my stock axles. Most lifts will come in a kit with everything you'll need or many shops will help you with customizing a kit for your needs. Can you provide some more information such as, the tire size you'll be running, trails you'll be running, what's your budget? What type of questions do you have?

Richbeast

I'm super happy with my EVO coilovers bolt on kit. The ride hight is adjustable and works great with my stock axles. Most lifts will come in a kit with everything you'll need or many shops will help you with customizing a kit for your needs. Can you provide some more information such as, the tire size you'll be running, trails you'll be running, what's your budget? What type of questions do you have?

Well right now I have 275/65r18 tires on it. I'm probably gonna keep them till they go bad. And get some 35's. Mostly I just want to lift it to go on not so rough terrains for now till I actually get some experience and be able to ride better trails. Im an outdoor person and like to go camping with my wife and kid. Also I have stock fenders. Right now I have the 2in rancho 9000 leveling kit.

ChiliDawg

I have a friend that works on Baja vehicles and he will be installing it for me. Cuz I know a shop will cost quite a bit.

You can do a budget 2.5" coil lift like I did to fit 35's and get the kit for under $500, if I had the shop space and tools and hadn't had to pay for a shop install I would have just done a more comprehensive 3" kit, like the EVO enforcer kit a lot of guys here are running. But mine gets me on the trail just fine.

How much did you end up paying for the Evo kit

I have evo bolt on coilovers. But lots of people here run this kit. It's 1.5" of lift about, and when paired with a solid set of shocks (rancho 9000xl for example) it can be a capable set up. And leaving you a lot of budget left for other mods.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-1-5-hd-leveling-kit-jk-jku/

However, if you're willing to use all of that $2K budget and want to give your rig a MAJOR facelift, check out the enforcer lift. you'll need to pick up a set of longer shocks and purchase an aftermarket front driveshaft as soon as possible to run this. If it were me, I'd save some extra dough and do the below, with extended shocks, and front driveshaft.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-enforcer-kit-with-plush-springs-jk-jku/

Richbeast

You can do a budget 2.5" coil lift like I did to fit 35's and get the kit for under $500, if I had the shop space and tools and hadn't had to pay for a shop install I would have just done a more comprehensive 3" kit, like the EVO enforcer kit a lot of guys here are running. But mine gets me on the trail just fine.

Is it like rough ride, cuz also idk how much the Evo would cost me. Also is there anything I can to reenforced the axel once I go to 35's or just leave it how it is?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you have the rancho leveling kit, you'd be wasting your money on the Evo leveling kit. I'd maybe look at the JKS Jspec 2.5" kit that is about as complete as it gets. If you have a JKU, I'd go Evo Enforcer, but you'd need to add the drag link flip kit, front driveshaft and shocks.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

Is it like rough ride, cuz also idk how much the Evo would cost me. Also is there anything I can to reenforced the axel once I go to 35's or just leave it how it is?

Nah it's not rough, it's not a plushy boat ride either though. I'm running a Rubicon Express kit.

I haven't reinforced my axles. Your stock axles should be able to handle 35's just fine, most people will suggest you add C-gussets to the front though, I'll probably do that myself at some point.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Just need some c gussets for the front axle. $60 plus about 2 hrs of welding labor. The rear axle doesn't have steering C's.

Evo would cost $1250 lift, $300 drag link flip, $450 front driveshaft, and whatever you spend on shocks between $250-$2500; there's a wide range on that component.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Patrick

I e got the aev 2.5" kit and I'm super happy with them. Tyres to 35" max but I think he stock 33" on my jkr look fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScoobyCarolanNC

Aight thanks guys, I will definitely be shopping around soon. See what I come up with

It sounds like you already have a 2" lift with that Rancho kit. Is it the Sport kit? It has red front springs. It's a nice kit, I've been looking at it too. The reason I ask (& I think Eddie did too) is you don't want to go buy another kit and end up with the same amount of lift & waste money.

Maybe all you need to do is trim your fenders?

Sent from my duck blind.

Top Bottom