Life time warranty or NOT?

wanderer

I have been hanging on to my 08 wrangler rubicon because a) it is a great jeep B) I love it C) lifetime warranty D)it is paid for. but i jet read on another adventure site where chrysler is voiding warranties for modded jeeps. I have a 145 K on my jeep. I have a nice ome lift decent front and rear bumpesr and 315 -70 tires all-around plus winch etc. an best of all no payments but if chrysler is voiding warranties I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just bite the bullet and buy anew one. or what option sI have should my engine go.
1 replace with the same 3.8 but it might be hard to find a cheap one now
2 hemi swap but pretty costly vs a new jeep
3 diesel swap but again $$$
4 Just hang on and pray

so have any of you heard of this void the warranty issue? I have done no mods to he engine and only added a transmission cooler . so I don't see how they could but it is the typical story of david V golaith.

OhNoTheJiggies

If you don't have payments, and you aren't having any issues, I'd hold onto it. Save up a portion of what your payment used to be each month, so if if something happens, you have a starter fund for a v8 swap or 3.8 replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

I heard of this yes. I've known two other people that purchased a Jeep with the lifetime warranty option when it was offered. They didn't have any modifications because it would void the warranty. I don't know anyone who's had it voided after modifying. The warranty was a nice option if you planned on keeping your jeep stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom