RK adjustable track bar with Evo TR flip?

Baja

I have a stock track bar with bad bushings causing death wobble and I can't find another track bar or bushings locally right now. I have a Rock Krawler adjustable track bar. Can I use it with my set up okay?

Stats:
Evo double throw down with Evo drag link flip and TB relocation bracket at about 4" of lift.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would think it should be just fine. As long as sleeves are same diameter and bar reaches the correct length.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, it will be on the long side. Not really a big deal though. If you go looking for a new OE track bar, make sure to get one that's for a 2007-10 and not anything newer. The newer track bars have weak joints with plastic components inside of it at the frame side. Crown makes a good OE replacement that's just like the original 2007-10.

Baja

More than likely, it will be on the long side. Not really a big deal though. If you go looking for a new OE track bar, make sure to get one that's for a 2007-10 and not anything newer. The newer track bars have weak joints with plastic components inside of it at the frame side. Crown makes a good OE replacement that's just like the original 2007-10.

[emoji1303][emoji1303] much appreciated! Thanks for that info. What are your thoughts on swapping out the bolts to 9/16 inch while I am at it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
[emoji1303][emoji1303] much appreciated! Thanks for that info. What are your thoughts on swapping out the bolts to 9/16 inch while I am at it?

What wrong with the factory bolt you have on there now?

JeepJeep75

Eddie, are the newer (11-present) trackbars interchangeable with the older, better (07-10) trackbars? Curious about this for trail spares and possibly an upgrade if my newer style trackbar needs to be replaced.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, are the newer (11-present) trackbars interchangeable with the older, better (07-10) trackbars? Curious about this for trail spares and possibly an upgrade if my newer style trackbar needs to be replaced.

Yes. You can run a 2007-10 track bar on any JK made today. It has clevite bushings on both ends and they are durable. It's what I still run on both my JK's.

Baja

Yes. You can run a 2007-10 track bar on any JK made today. It has clevite bushings on both ends and they are durable. It's what I still run on both my JK's.

Okay then. This sounds like the best option. I've never had a problem with mine until the bushings at 30k miles. It handles great. The only reason I found out it was bad is because I took my stabilizer off for a day when I changed my tie rod, because my clamp didn't come in yet. I will be inspecting it every other oil change from now on. Thank you very much for the 411!

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing. Just reading too much. It is smaller than the hole though, and it's not shouldered. However, as long as the sleeve is tight, it shouldn't matter.

What do you mean smaller than the hole? How much? If the hole is still round, it should be fine with the OEM bolt. If it's elongated, that's a different problem. I just did a custom axle swap and the track bar bracket had 9/16 holes. I welded 12mm washers over them so I could keep the factory bolts and track bar sleeve. You don't need to go to the trouble or money of larger bolts.

Baja

What do you mean smaller than the hole? How much? If the hole is still round, it should be fine with the OEM bolt. If it's elongated, that's a different problem. I just did a custom axle swap and the track bar bracket had 9/16 holes. I welded 12mm washers over them so I could keep the factory bolts and track bar sleeve. You don't need to go to the trouble or money of larger bolts.

The OEM holes are 9/16 as well. You made your holes smaller, so what's the difference of me making my bolts bigger? Just asking. I don't think it's a huge deal, but they really should be the same size as the bolts. Being factory new anyway.

WJCO

Meme King
The OEM holes are 9/16 as well. You made your holes smaller, so what's the difference of me making my bolts bigger? Just asking. I don't think it's a huge deal, but they really should be the same size as the bolts. Being factory new anyway.

I apologize for not being clearer on that. This was a WJ swap. The OEM bolts are 12mm yet the bracket for the track bar was drilled at 9/16 because it is so popular to use those bolts. But I still chose to keep the factory bolts. In my case I would have had to drill the TB sleeve or replace it. In summary, no need to replace the bolts if there is nothing wrong with them.

Baja

I apologize for not being clearer on that. This was a WJ swap. The OEM bolts are 12mm yet the bracket for the track bar was drilled at 9/16 because it is so popular to use those bolts. But I still chose to keep the factory bolts. In my case I would have had to drill the TB sleeve or replace it. In summary, no need to replace the bolts if there is nothing wrong with them.

Gotcha. That makes sense

Baja

So I just had a chance to measure the RK track bar and my stock one and without removing it, it looks like it's the exact same length full collapsed. I will let you know how it is after I install it tomorrow. I still may go back stock in the long run, but want to try it.

Top Bottom