installed dynatrac brake upgrade, need help diagnosing scrubbing sound

I recently installed the dynatrac brake upgrade. Very pleased with the install and the performance of the system. However, I've noticed a slight scrubbing sound coming from the front, driver's side. I'm still in the break in period but I'm getting close to the 200 miles dynatrac recommends for break in. I ONLY hear the sound when turning the jeep to the left. It doesn't always make the sound. I've tried to identify where the sound is coming from but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Today I removed the tire/wheel, the caliper and dynatrac bracket and pads, then reinstalled. The jeep has OEM 17" wheels and I knew (from reading this forum) that the dynatrac kit would be a tighter fit than the OEM setup. I've verified that the dynatrac bracket is not touching the wheel, so I'm sure the scrubbing sound is not coming from there.

The jeep has 35" Goodyear Kevlar tires, 3.5" Metalcloak gamechanger suspension, 1.5" spydertrax wheel spacers. I emailed dynatrac last week, asking for their advice. I may give them a call next week.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks in advance

jeeeep

Hooked
I recently installed the dynatrac brake upgrade. Very pleased with the install and the performance of the system. However, I've noticed a slight scrubbing sound coming from the front, driver's side. I'm still in the break in period but I'm getting close to the 200 miles dynatrac recommends for break in. I ONLY hear the sound when turning the jeep to the left. It doesn't always make the sound. I've tried to identify where the sound is coming from but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Today I removed the tire/wheel, the caliper and dynatrac bracket and pads, then reinstalled. The jeep has OEM 17" wheels and I knew (from reading this forum) that the dynatrac kit would be a tighter fit than the OEM setup. I've verified that the dynatrac bracket is not touching the wheel, so I'm sure the scrubbing sound is not coming from there.

The jeep has 35" Goodyear Kevlar tires, 3.5" Metalcloak gamechanger suspension, 1.5" spydertrax wheel spacers. I emailed dynatrac last week, asking for their advice. I may give them a call next week.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks in advance

check the brake dust shield, had the same issue and the shield was bent just enough to scrub then turning

zimm

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Mine was more of a dull rubbing sound. Did not sound like metal squeaking that others have mentioned in other threads. Either way, it worked itself out rather quickly.

hey

check the brake dust shield, had the same issue and the shield was bent just enough to scrub then turning

yea, I think I may have "abused" it a little trying to get the original rotor off so that's the first thing I checked. I'll check again though. Thx for your reply

I had same noise- read some articles on here and went to advanced auto and got the rubber coated brake pad clips, noise went away.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...-clip-h5774q/10168218-P?searchTerm=brake+clip

great man! Thx for the link! I'll pick up a set of these and try them. I thought I'd read all the threads about the dynatrac system but I don't remember reading about others having this issue. Either way, seems like an easy fix, I'm loving the improved stopping power.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to install my kit next week. I read the review and you need 2 kits, so that's $27. I'll try the dynatrac ones with brake grease first and see how it goes.

Zimm, we just moved from that area. We lived in Woodbrige. Just FYI there's a great off-road shop in Fredericksburg that I wish someone would've told me about. We ended up finding them right before we had to ship our jeeps out here. It's called Big Snatch. Great guys, at least from what I gathered from my few visits before we left.

Also, I think you'll love this brake upgrade.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Zimm, we just moved from that area. We lived in Woodbrige. Just FYI there's a great off-road shop in Fredericksburg that I wish someone would've told me about. We ended up finding them right before we had to ship our jeeps out here. It's called Big Snatch. Great guys, at least from what I gathered from my few visits before we left.

Also, I think you'll love this brake upgrade.

Thanks. I miss Oahu. I did tour 2 tours there. Great off-roading up in koolau mtns

Top Bottom