Rear track bar help

filterbiz

my rear track bar bracket sticks way out to the rear it's just a bolt on one. I am re doing my upper rear shock mounts to bring the shocks a little more upright but when I do I need to trim some of the fat off the bracket or go another route. Recommendations? I know synergy makes a weld on one that is a lot less bulky.

Jeep is on 2.5 king coilovers with rebel upper rear bracket currently. When I bring upper shock mounts forward to upright the shock
Spring will hit the track bar bracket
Thanks

filterbiz

So I plan to cut upper shock mount off. And move it forward an inch and a half. I ordered the rear rebel kit with 2.5 inch Shocks because I wanted low center of gravity.
But they sold me the regular length Shocks I had to order a 10 inch shaft and bodies to convert my shocks to a shorter length.
But now when I add weight the shocks layover even more so it works awesome with one person in it but sucks if I carry anything.
Your thoughts
Thanks! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484506511.321054.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484506525.131116.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484506564.043116.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1484506585.430778.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that totally sucks that you were sold the wrong parts and made to order new parts to correct things but honestly, it sounds like you have other problems going on. Have you tried removing your coils and cycling your suspension to see what's going on? If it were me, I'd start there before assuming you need to cut and relocate things.

filterbiz

I have cycled everything and set my bumps.
To be honest it works pretty good.
But like I said I'm not happy with the angle or how it works with weight.
If I move upper mounts forward I will be able to take out some preload.
I guess my real question is what I should do with for a track bar mount
Thanks for helping take a look at this

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have cycled everything and set my bumps.
To be honest it works pretty good.
But like I said I'm not happy with the angle or how it works with weight.
If I move upper mounts forward I will be able to take out some preload.
I guess my real question is what I should do with for a track bar mount
Thanks for helping take a look at this

No sure I'd be happy with anything that I'm seeing and hearing from you but if you're happy with it, I suppose that's all that matters. The problem isn't your track bar bracket - your problem is with the poor design of the coil over system. I suppose an option would be to remove the relocation bracket and to run an adjustable track bar. The the best solution but it would address the problem that you're having.

Top Bottom