Key off, out, DIM LED turn lights (draining battery)

Anyone else seen this. 2008 JKUR - Key out of ignition, vehicle off, front LED turn lights are glowing *very* dim. Enough, we believe it drained the battery as we didn't know it was happening the first time.

We going to try the obvious. Replace the bulbs with stock ones, both front and rear (it has LED lens replacements in the rear), etc.

But it just seemed odd and was curious if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone else seen this. 2008 JKUR - Key out of ignition, vehicle off, front LED turn lights are glowing *very* dim. Enough, we believe it drained the battery as we didn't know it was happening the first time.

We going to try the obvious. Replace the bulbs with stock ones, both front and rear (it has LED lens replacements in the rear), etc.

But it just seemed odd and was curious if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

The turn signals (I believe) are a ground side switch so you might have a short before the switch somewhere in the wiring allowing it to ground itself

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt there'd be enough of a draw from your LED lights to cause your battery to drain out but it does sound like you have a parasitic draw from something. I would check for that before you start replacing things.

WJCO

Meme King
Check for corrosion in obvious places. Also make sure a dimmer switch isn't stuck on if jeep has one.

jkrichard

My multi switch crapped out and wouldn't allow my lights to turn off. Had to replace the switch to fix it. That's about all I could add from what has been mentioned already.

good feedback all around... thanks, yeah, my first guess was a ground somewhere and maybe making for some reverse voltage. But that's even more strange... LED's don't work that way, they are either on or off and unless it's a switch with a really bad contact or some form of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), it's usually kinda hard to make them glow dim...

Oh, boy, this one is going to be fun...

Top Bottom