Random SRS Light and Chime

First off the Jeep in question is my 2011 Rubicon Auto trans. So here goes with another "SRS Light" thread . I have been researching the issue of having the Passenger side airbag Light and Chime coming on Randomly while driving. I am having this problem and can't figure out what to do or what is causing it, Before I take it to the Stealer ship I want to make sure that I have covered all bases. I have seen many threads talking about the clock spring but I am not sure this is the issue that is causing the problem that I am having. I have disconnected the battery and checked all of the "plugs sensors" under the passenger seat and checked the wiring on the seat belt it's self. Everything seems to be dry and free of dirt or dust. The interior has never been wet, but I recently went to the car wash to Spray off the engine compartment which was not caked in dirt by no means but needed a quick rinse. Also notable, I have washed the engine compartment before without problems. So the day after I went and washed Under the hood I get the Airbag light coming on at random times while driving. I checked the Fuse box and fuses and everything looks good with no moister. So Am I missing something or is it time to go ahead and take it to the dealer? Other than the trip to the car wash nothing else has changed or work been done to the Jeep. Any advice or questions? Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks. Also I'm new to this forum take it easy on me please 😕

jkrichard

A good OBD II tester with the SRS reading capability will be able to tell you if a sensor is having an issue or of its a component in the seat belt assembly.

One of our work vehicles just had some issue with the seat belt assembly going bad, I believe it was something In the pretensioner.

Also stop by and give a wave in the wave section, tell us a little about yourself and your rig. You never know, maybe someone on here will be from your area and have the tester at home.

Good luck.

Top Bottom