Cobra CB 75 WX

So I am just about done with the install of the CB but I ran into a problem.. I don't have a way to go through the tailgate with the Crawler Conceptz tailgate plate for the body mounted tire carrier. My 2 options are to drill a hole through the plate, or find a different route for the coax cable. Here are some pics. Any suggestions are extremely welcomed.

IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

deadguy

So I am just about done with the install of the CB but I ran into a problem.. I don't have a way to go through the tailgate with the Crawler Conceptz tailgate plate for the body mounted tire carrier. My 2 options are to drill a hole through the plate, or find a different route for the coax cable. Here are some pics. Any suggestions are extremely welcomed.

View attachment 238901
View attachment 238902

Here you
go IMG_20170115_183727955.jpg

Also on the front end of the wire, I had to connect the actual connection so I could plug it into the box. I saw an instruction that called for soldering it together, does anyone have a pic of this or good explanation on what to solder together? Thanks also for the pics of the tailgates!

Frydaddy

Also on the front end of the wire, I had to connect the actual connection so I could plug it into the box. I saw an instruction that called for soldering it together, does anyone have a pic of this or good explanation on what to solder together? Thanks also for the pics of the tailgates!

This guy gives good directions on how to solder on a new connector.
http://www.hcarc.us/articles/soldering PL-259 connectors.htm

Your cable didn't come with a connector like this?
FME-CB-Coax-Connector_large.png

BaddestCross

Don't know anything about soldering on it. Connection just screws into the radio.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

You can get the coax cable without the connectors which makes it easier to route through holes, etc. Guess OP got that kind and not the kind where the connectors are already attached.
Doh. I didn't even know they sold them like that, but I guess they would for bulk purchase or by the foot.

I got it all installed now I just gotta get an SWR meter and tune the antenna! The only problem I came across was that the antenna mount that I got didn't fit to the back of the tailgate so I made one myself..

BaddestCross

I got it all installed now I just gotta get an SWR meter and tune the antenna! The only problem I came across was that the antenna mount that I got didn't fit to the back of the tailgate so I made one myself..

Congrats! Yeah, I had to rig my own mount for my setup as well. I got a cheap SWR meter on Amazon for around $20 with the jumper wire.

Top Bottom