Opinions on Toyota Tacoma

Lil Nasty

I'm thinking about picking up a third vehicle for the home. As of right now we don't have any car notes and it's nice so I'm not looking for a new vehicle to upset this balance. I've found a 2006 Crew cab Tacoma with about 200k miles and thinking of getting this to help around the house and to leave parked at work for two weeks when I'm offshore. I've know many friends to have them and they seem like good trucks. I've just never wrenched on one. I like how easy it is to park the jeep compared to my Sierra I sold, so I'm thinking one of these midsize trucks. If I don't get a similar truck to this then I'm going to look into a 3/4 ton for a little more capability. Just thinking out loud and looking for some respected opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Munky

I had an 07 QuadCab Long Bed SR5 4wd before I got my JKU. Really loved the truck, took it beach wheelin a few times didn't really do much than that off road. One thing that i really miss about it was the bed to put stuff in. It was just too long to take to Hawaii in my eyes, so thats why i got rid of it. Had it from Jul 07 to Jan of 12, didn't really have to do much work on it myself, but the small stuff that I did was easy to get to. IF it has the tow package, I did tow my other truck with it once. Not sure of the total weight but bumper pulled a flat trailer, with an 86 Xcab Pickup on it about 140 miles. Without a break controller was kinda of crappy but not to bad. Mileage sounds high to me but if its cheap then I'd say go for it.

Top Bottom